TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 (New) vs Model S (Used) Are Autopilot 2.0, Self Driving, and Ludicrous Mode Worth It?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by databen, Jan 24, 2017.

1. databen

databen Member

2. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

Good overview. Still a fair amount of speculation until more details are revealed about the 3. I've debated getting a used S, but as noted in the video, pricing will be essentially a wash between a used S and new 3. Still bummed the 3 isn't a hatch, but I guess that's what the Model Y will be for.

3. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

I think it goes without saying that used Model 3s will be more in demand (better tech, newer battery, lower price), so the resale value will be better (percentage-wise) than current used Model S'.

4. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

Except for the fact that there will ultimately be a LOT more Model 3s on the road, which could potentially lower resale value. However, if demand remains hot, the resale could stay strong.

5. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

I expect a Model 3 that can go as far, if not further, than the 100D (which starts at almost $94k), so yes....the wait will be worth it.