TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model 3 will have forward collision avoidance as standard equipment

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ratsbew, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

Per this article, Tesla is a signatory on an agreement announced today by the NHTSA.

10 automakers to add automatic braking

I know it's reading between the lines quite a bit, but I think it's a pretty safe bet.

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Pretty sure it's already in all newer (Autopilot capable) Model Ss and the upcoming X. Not in the least surprised that Tesla will carry it over into the Model 3 - in fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't even without this article.

3. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

I would much rather have automatic emergency breaking than cruise control.
    It is amazing how many rear end accidents there are on the highway that cause major traffic delays not to mention the aggravation to those involved.
    This cannot come soon enough.

4. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

Yes, Automatic Emergency Breaking is listed as standard equipment in the Model S specs. After reading that article, I'd be very surprised if this wasn't included in the Model 3 as standard equipment. This means that the Model 3 will likely have forward looking cameras and radar as standard equipment, as well as Traffic Aware Cruise Control. Sounding better and better all the time...

5. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado Member

As long as it is radar controlled. I don't much care for the reports of the optical TACC failing because of snow or dirt on the camera lens. Snow is a fact of life in a lot of places, like mine.

6. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

Yep, I'm betting TACC will be standard...unless Tesla charges for the software to unlock it.

7. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

Because it would be almost necessary to have this as standard to achieve 5 stars in crash tests in EU, I had been very surprised if there should not be standard also on Model 3