Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, here's a NorCal Tesla repair shop's extended warranty. https://www.evsrepublic.com/warranty

I took the liberty of inputting my car - clean 2012 P85 with 12k miles/year. You can input your own info for a quote. Attached pic are my results which include pack and DU.

I do not have this warranty as I prefer to set aside funds for when repairs are needed.

View attachment 1006377
Thanks for this information.

Reactions: zoomer0056
We can’t measure wk057’s intent, but it sure smells fishy. I’m sorry, I meant the entity as in the wk057 with Mr. Hughes at the helm. It’s funny to me the legal speak happening on this thread attempting to distinguish the differences between service plan and warranty. I’m fairly certain 90%+ who purchased this “perceived” it to be a warranty. They also very likely considered Mr. Hughes stance on doing the right thing would be “free service time” until the “service plan purchaser” received the bms monitoring devices. What they didn’t consider is they would get no service plan, no refund and no answers. The vague bs being spewed all over this thread reeks of a story written backwards. There are just always excuses on why the money can’t be given back or 10 other reasons why x y or z didn’t happen. The service plan ended once the money was colllected. I’m just shocked a whistle blower didn’t show up earlier.

We can’t measure wk057’s intent, but it sure smells fishy. I’m sorry, I meant the entity as in the wk057 with Mr. Hughes at the helm. It’s funny to me the legal speak happening on this thread attempting to distinguish the differences between service plan and warranty.
I don't think it is just legalese though. Service plans typically come with more exclusions and conditions than warranties and as noted up thread they are not as much as a commitment as a warranty is. It seems a lot of people just assumed it worked exactly like Tesla's HV warranty, but just extended, when it's clearly not the case if you read the terms.

There are some comments up thread of people even thinking the service plan is a hard set commitment, where 057 must fix the issue or provide a replacement no matter what, when actually they can cancel the plan and refund it where they are unable to fix the issue. There are some examples mentioned upthread (prior to the radio silence) where people unqualified for a refund requests one and then complain when they don't get one.
I’m fairly certain 90%+ who purchased this “perceived” it to be a warranty. They also very likely considered Mr. Hughes stance on doing the right thing would be “free service time” until the “service plan purchaser” received the bms monitoring devices. What they didn’t consider is they would get no service plan, no refund and no answers. The vague bs being spewed all over this thread reeks of a story written backwards. There are just always excuses on why the money can’t be given back or 10 other reasons why x y or z didn’t happen. The service plan ended once the money was colllected. I’m just shocked a whistle blower didn’t show up earlier.
That's not a fair summary at all. From just looking up this thread, even when the BMS device was not delivered, 057 did honor the service plan in the meantime. They started offering it in January 31, 2022 and their last communication here was in July 29, 2023, and it seems they went silent around August 2023. However, people reported they got work done there a few months ago before the silence. It's not like they just signed people up for it and raked in the money, then went silent when people requested work done.

Last edited:
I don't think it is just legalese though. Service plans typically come with more exclusions and conditions than warranties and as noted up thread they are not as much as a commitment as a warranty is. It seems a lot of people just assumed it worked exactly like Tesla's HV warranty, but just extended, when it's clearly not the case if you read the terms.

There are some comments up thread of people even thinking the service plan is a hard set commitment, where 057 must fix the issue or provide a replacement no matter what, when actually they can cancel the plan and refund it where they are unable to fix the issue. There are some examples mentioned upthread (prior to the radio silence) where people unqualified for a refund requests one and then complain when they don't get one.

That's not a fair summary at all. From just looking up this thread, even when the BMS device was not delivered, 057 did honor the service plan in the meantime. They started offering it in January 31, 2022 and their last communication here was in July 29, 2023, and it seems they went silent around August 2023. However, people reported they got work done there a few months ago before the silence. It's not like they just signed people up for it and raked in the money, then went silent when people requested work done.
To me, the service plan should have been temporaily halted by 057 when the Battery Management Device was not in stock. Yet, owner's still wrote the check for the service plan without a critical part of the plan in hand. PT Barnum is laughing to the bank.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to reference this thread when the next round of tesla battery issues happen.

“Wonder what JH found before this was a mainstream problem.”

The dogpile is an interesting change of pace, given the facts that've been stated about a company sale/admin convo for the user acct and such. Did everyone need a place to direct their sadness? Was the 057 acct the best direction for this? Did anyone that feels/felt sad, contact the state to see what’s going on with 057 the company? Any locals go by there? anyone hire an Uber to drive by the building(s) and take photos / video?

How many thousands was this service plan? how much money is a rental, cheap flight, and a 50$(?) filing fee in small claims within that county? I mean, it doesn’t seem like it’s an issue with time.

• Disagree
Reactions: jsight and ucmndd
To me, the service plan should have been temporaily halted by 057 when the Battery Management Device was not in stock. Yet, owner's still wrote the check for the service plan without a critical part of the plan in hand. PT Barnum is laughing to the bank.
They wrote the terms around the BMD, but it's not actually a critical component of a service plan. It was just a means to automatically disqualify some cases, but they had other ways to figure out if a pack qualified or not, which they apparently used prior to the radio silence, while still providing service in absence of that device. They talked about updating the terms to reflect these other methods, but it seems they never got around to it. It also seems their website was a mess, and didn't properly reflect the plan status.

But anyways, while I'm definitely not disagreeing that they did things wrong, I also wanted to point out a bunch of people here are giving summaries of the situation that are highly inaccurate and give the impression that they set out to scam people from the start, when that does not appear to be the case, if you simply dig back a bit in this thread.

How many thousands was this service plan? how much money is a rental, cheap flight, and a 50$(?) filing fee in small claims within that county? I mean, it doesn’t seem like it’s an issue with time.
I certainly do hope someone affected pursues a claim, if for no other reason than to unmask the nameless, faceless, location-less, non-responsive entity that Mr. Hughes claims to have transferred all of his company's responsibilities to.

Who exactly is doing this?
I don't want to call specific people out, as that was not my intention and I understand some commenters are understandably emotionally charged due to being a victim. But I think if you compare how the narrative direction was going in the recent posts of these last couple of weeks, it completely left out the things I pointed out. My point was about the facts and not individual posters.

Have you made contact?
I found my "don't worry you're still covered until we get the BMS in stock thank you for your patience" email from contact[at]057tech[dotcom] back in May which in verboseness, "don't worry we will do right by you" message, and writing style seems like it was from Jason. My Tesla warranty went till late October so I didn't think much of things until that post in early October(?) asking where Jason was since he sold 057.

I replied over the weekend to contact[at...] asking if I still have a battery service plan and just called their 855 number which left a "057 is unable to take your call at this time, please use the contact feature of the website" recorded message.

Interestingly the "does your car qualify" section of the website will still try to sell me ANOTHER service plan but I didn't go so far as to generate a new invoice.

Does anyone know about or has seen a BMD? I wonder if this was a scanner that connected into an existing bus. From my TMC reading it seems to have been a device that is easily installed by a customer.
My understanding is it was a CAN bus reader similar to the ones that people already install themselves to monitor the vehicle.

They shipped out one batch, but the chip shortage impacted their ability to make the second batch, especially given FedEx lost a shipment of chips.

I requested refund. Got two page crap about warranty still good. To busy to build monitors. Etc etc.
When was this? There are records (highergov) showing the company had bid on government contract for DU and won last summer, so likely the company still exists ...

1705000049049.png

Why would nawc want a Tesla drive unit controller
Good question. I have no idea though ... but I have read that the Navy has been trying to modernize their equipments in their maintenance base, the old school diesel ground generator that weight several thousands pounds is being tested to be replaced with mobile battery pack unit that weight a little over a hundred pound, much easier to move around to fit certain tasks, no emission, quiet, one/two man job instead of requiring a team, less hazard etc ... I wouldn't be surprised if they use the DU to build some custom equipment to help fleet maintenance. The biggest base on the East coast is also in NC..

Reactions: zoomer0056
Good question. I have no idea though ... but I have read that the Navy has been trying to modernize their equipments in their maintenance base, the old school diesel ground generator that weight several thousands pounds is being tested to be replaced with mobile battery pack unit that weight a little over a hundred pound, much easier to move around to fit certain tasks, no emission, quiet, one/two man job instead of requiring a team, less hazard etc ... I wouldn't be surprised if they use the DU to build some custom equipment to help fleet maintenance. The biggest base on the East coast is also in NC..
Which base is that?