Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a service plan in Feb 22 in preparation for my battery warranty expiring on Nov 2022 (P85+ built Nov 2014). I never received a BMD. I traded the car in for a '23 Y in mid-Sept 23, and requested a refund a week later via opening a ticket and sending an email to [email protected] (which generated another ticket).

Both tickets are still open and unresolved with no updates. I never heard back from anyone on my refund request.
Was that even an option after 19 month?
At least u almost gone thru 2 yrs 😅

I purchased a service plan in Feb 22 in preparation for my battery warranty expiring on Nov 2022 (P85+ built Nov 2014). I never received a BMD. I traded the car in for a '23 Y in mid-Sept 23, and requested a refund a week later via opening a ticket and sending an email to [email protected] (which generated another ticket).

Both tickets are still open and unresolved with no updates. I never heard back from anyone on my refund request.
I’m in a similar situation, I purchased my plan in June 2022 and never received a BMD. I no longer have the car that I signed up with and haven’t heard back regarding a refund request.
I know 057 said they were repairing cars without a BMD in good faith for a while, but under the FAQ on the sign up page, it says, “in general you can get a refund for our plans in some cases, including: … You have not yet installed the Battery Monitoring Device (BMD) and you want to cancel…”

I’ve been thinking about how it would go if someone wanted to press a legal claim in a situation like this - where a company you entered into a contract with sold itself to an un-named and completely unresponsive good friend third party that nobody has been able to identify.

Would you have to start by bringing suit against the original LLC and/or its members? Presumably the only result of that suit would be compelling the discovery and production of the sales agreement that would prove the original LLC is no longer liable… but at least then you’d know who to go after.

This is of course likely to be more of a principles pursuit than actually recovering any monetary loss from the new owners - assuming they exist - but sometimes principles matter enough that they can provide some solace when dealing with dishonest people that appear to have defrauded you.

I was trying to state facts here without opinions, conclusions, or pointing fingers.

He's active on this thread, maybe he'll respond about this, maybe not.
Well, the refund request was several months after Jason sold the company. Possibly after he left; I'm not sure on the timeline of his departure and I don't see much benefit to digging through multiple pages of this thread to figure it out. It's pretty clear it's not his decision at this point to approve/deny a refund.

Jason had several posts in this thread that said that the policy was that the service plan did not officially start until the BMD was received, that 2 years started after the BMD was received and installed, and the pre-BMD-installation coverage was essentially free coverage:

(No, I didn't go back to look those up; I pulled them from the still-open case).

I'm pretty sure he also said plans could be cancelled for a refund before coverage started. So I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I had written a long verbose post, as is my style, defending the service plan program... because it does bother me that people are trying to make out something that I put a lot of work into out to be some kind of scam when it clearly never was.... but, I'm not going to bother. It's just not my problem anymore.

I will just note that it seems no one ever reads the fine print. Most plans were eventually activated using a discretionary exception in the terms, if without a BMD, and that was reflected in the service plan portal for the people affected (most), along with notification settings and whatnot for events in that portal. There were some left unactivated, but not many.

I have no access to any of this anymore. I've no influence with the new ownership. I've not even had any direct contact with the purchasing partnership for months. So, while I'd be happy to help sort something out if I could, there's nothing I can do.

Have a battery issue? Contact 057 as noted in the service plan terms. Want a pro-rate refund? Contact 057 as noted in the service plan terms. Have another issue? Contact your credit card company. Yes, I've seen people submit (fraudulent) chargebacks are far back as 3 years.

Again, I've nothing to do with any of this anymore, and I guess it's just best that I go back to ignoring this thread.

because it does bother me that people are trying to make out something that I put a lot of work into out to be some kind of scam when it clearly never was.... but, I'm not going to bother. It's just not my problem anymore.
As one of the more critical voices in this thread, I'm not and have never suggested you set out to "scam" people. I don't have any doubt that your original intentions were genuine.

Unfortunately your intentions don't change the outcome for the people you sold service contracts to. They're left fending for themselves trying to receive service from a nameless, faceless, location-less entity that by all available accounts has gone completely dark and unresponsive - that you swear isn't you but can't actually name or speak about the actual responsible party in any way. They've been as good as scammed - by someone - no matter your intentions. Whether or not that outcome "bothers" you is immaterial to me. It's just true.

and that was reflected in the service plan portal for the people affected (most), along with notification settings and whatnot for events in that portal.
I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place or not, but under "Manage Service Plans" on the 057tech website it has said "Your extended service plan details will show here once purchased and confirmed. It can take a few days for plans to show here. NOTE: We are aware that service plans are not properly showing here. We are working on it!" since the day I signed up.

I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place or not, but under "Manage Service Plans" on the 057tech website it has said "Your extended service plan details will show here once purchased and confirmed. It can take a few days for plans to show here. NOTE: We are aware that service plans are not properly showing here. We are working on it!" since the day I signed up.
Yep, me too. Was never sure what to make of that.

Maybe new owners will move back in 😂
Also possibly last sighting of Tesla at that location 😅

1704586031263.png

As one of the more critical voices in this thread, I'm not and have never suggested you set out to "scam" people. I don't have any doubt that your original intentions were genuine.

Unfortunately your intentions don't change the outcome for the people you sold service contracts to. They're left fending for themselves trying to receive service from a nameless, faceless, location-less entity that by all available accounts has gone completely dark and unresponsive - that you swear isn't you but can't actually name or speak about the actual responsible party in any way. They've been as good as scammed - by someone - no matter your intentions. Whether or not that outcome "bothers" you is immaterial to me. It's just true.

Congratulations, you and the other unhappy folks have managed to chase off someone who could probably be helpful to us. I doubt he'll watch TMC that much anymore, if at all. Not sure what your goal was in any of this. Clearly you weren't going to get anywhere with all your haranguing . Hopefully it made you feel better.

As I said upthread, I actually went there for service, met Jason and the other people in person. This is not a guy who actively chose to cheat people. He really believed in what he was making available to us. It was not financially viable, and it probably cost him personally quite a bit. I could see the stress on him even when I was there, and this was before everything started to fall apart.

Having owned businesses myself, it's a pretty thankless task. I've had some that made money and those that have lost. It's the way it is. I never intended to lose a bunch of money, but I did. I had the Good Fortune of not having to drag other people down with me. Well, other than my family. But, I don't understand what all you people hope to gain in this. It's done. Give it up!

Congratulations, you and the other unhappy folks have managed to chase off someone who could probably be helpful to us. I doubt he'll watch TMC that much anymore, if at all. Not sure what your goal was in any of this. Clearly you weren't going to get anywhere with all your haranguing . Hopefully it made you feel better.
Sorry, I’m not going to be gaslit as the crazy one for calling out the bad behavior, questionable stories, and clear inconsistencies that have gotten us to where we are today.

He probably should leave. “I sold the company and all of my customer obligations to a nameless, faceless, location-less entity that I can’t identify, speak of in any way, or otherwise substantiate the existence of - sorry not sorry you should open a ticket” is never going to be an acceptable outcome to the people in this community that are the victims of that transaction, if indeed there was one. This isn’t something people just forget about because you’ve got other things to contribute.

This is not a guy who actively chose to cheat people. He really believed in what he was making available to us.
I tend to agree. Unfortunately it just doesn’t matter. The way this has all been handled for the past year pretty much ensures the credibility is gone.

I *think* Jason said I still have the active plan I paid for from 057, regardless of when he sold the company I bought from 057 not from him and so I have nothing to worry about. He said about 92% of the way there. The first time I read his responses it seemed like I was okay. Then other people replying hinted otherwise and those concerns were not put to rest.

Still unresolved is what if I have a failure, put in a ticket to 057, assuming they answer me and I tow it to wherever, then they say " this is not a covered issue under your plan you have __ hours to tow it out of here" when such question would have been resolved remotely and without 2 cross country tows, if I had the BMD.

I did get an email on May 24th from 057 that I would have free extra time essentially added to the service plan due to supply issues with the BMD. That's the last I heard or tried to contact 057 directly, as the next time we were discussing things in October it seemed pointless to try. But I will email them and see what happens.

I wasn't worrying about it until my Tesla warranty was up in late October by then discussion here had started just a few weeks prior.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
It looks like the new owners of 057 have removed all the mentions of @wk057 on the website (his Twitter/X link at the top and the page about his solar setup are gone)
Still has the old address lol, #1 red flag not to trust a company...
I wouldn't be surprised if wk himself edit it since it happened yest/today, right after he was done with this thread...
Per his words earlier, new company never took over TMC account so maybe they never did for website either...