Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those that would like a refund, and those that are experiencing actual battery failures within the 2 year window (like me) what is the recourse? From skimming back a few pages, Jason has sold the company to another party which isn't responding to emails, tickets, and all the phones are off.

I'm not blaming @wk057 for the current situation at all, but would like some guidance. Do we know any of the individuals that Jason sold the company to? Surely this is public record, somewhere. Is it a Delaware company or is it listed in NC?

All I know is, I have a beautiful green car that says it won't be able to drive more than 20 miles, sitting in my garage.
If the new version of 057 Technologies can't repair/replace my battery, I would like the refund so I can pay Tesla for a refurb pack.

Help?

So for those that would like a refund, and those that are experiencing actual battery failures within the 2 year window (like me) what is the recourse? From skimming back a few pages, Jason has sold the company to another party which isn't responding to emails, tickets, and all the phones are off.

I'm not blaming @wk057 for the current situation at all, but would like some guidance. Do we know any of the individuals that Jason sold the company to? Surely this is public record, somewhere. Is it a Delaware company or is it listed in NC?

All I know is, I have a beautiful green car that says it won't be able to drive more than 20 miles, sitting in my garage.
If the new version of 057 Technologies can't repair/replace my battery, I would like the refund so I can pay Tesla for a refurb pack.

Help?
Certainly can't help you on the first part. However, like me, if you like the car and want to keep it longer than 3 years, recommend you spend the extra few thousand for a new (not refurb) Tesla pack.

Help?
If you're not inclined to get a new replacement pack and it seems you're in the Dallas area, I recommend contacting @Recell. They are an option to Tesla remans. They will also do a free OTA diagnostic test. Recell Tell Chad I sent ya.

Last edited:

Help?
As I said upthread, your only real recourse might be to file a suit against the original owner to force him to unmask the “friend” he sold the company to.

There is no public evidence of a sale. Nobody has been able to unearth anything. All we have is the word of the guy who insists he’s no longer liable to fulfill the terms of the service plan he sold you. He just can’t tell you who is, gosh darn it.

If you're not inclined to get a new replacement pack and it seems you're in the Dallas area, I recommend contacting @Recell. They are an option to Tesla remans. They will also do a free OTA diagnostic test. Recell Tell Chad I sent ya.
I wonder why Tesla has chosen to have the warranty the same for refurb vs new though. As I’ve stated on other threads if you are paying that much for a new battery, shouldn’t Tesla stand behind it for 8 years just like the new cars off the lot? I’d almost be more inclined to take the gamble and get the refurb battery knowing I’m guaranteed 4 years and hopefully many more

Help?
I’m pretty sure you have every right to blame him as he took your money. If he doesn’t have it who does? The “new” owner? After getting burned by this shady outfit I’d definitely recommend going to Tesla and getting it done. Sounds like you are going that way

I wonder why Tesla has chosen to have the warranty the same for refurb vs new though. As I’ve stated on other threads if you are paying that much for a new battery, shouldn’t Tesla stand behind it for 8 years just like the new cars off the lot? I’d almost be more inclined to take the gamble and get the refurb battery knowing I’m guaranteed 4 years and hopefully many more
I got a new (not refurb) Tesla pack and agree warranty should be 8 years. To add salt to the wound, if my new Tesla pack failed in warranty, Tesla will likely replace with a refurb pack. That all said, based on full 270 rated miles at 100% SoC and faster SC, I'm happy I went with new.

I got a new (not refurb) Tesla pack and agree warranty should be 8 years. To add salt to the wound, if my new Tesla pack failed in warranty, Tesla will likely replace with a refurb pack. That all said, based on full 270 rated miles at 100% SoC and faster SC, I'm happy I went with new.
I'm on the fence if I ever need a replacement. Our 2013 is at 330,000 km and going strong. Had a contactor issue back in 2019 if I recall properly (about 170,000 km at the time). Almost no degradation since then. I see Recell as a much cheaper alternative although charging speed would be lower. What is the $ spread now between Recell 240 and a new pack from Tesla ? You make a great point with the possibility of Tesla giving you back a refurb in case of damage to your new pack. By the way thank you for your involvement in gathering and diffusing information related to the battery replacement options. Cheers

I'm on the fence if I ever need a replacement. Our 2013 is at 330,000 km and going strong. Had a contactor issue back in 2019 if I recall properly (about 170,000 km at the time). Almost no degradation since then. I see Recell as a much cheaper alternative although charging speed would be lower. What is the $ spread now between Recell 240 and a new pack from Tesla ? You make a great point with the possibility of Tesla giving you back a refurb in case of damage to your new pack. By the way thank you for your involvement in gathering and diffusing information related to the battery replacement options. Cheers
As you know, one difference with @Recell vs Tesla reman is warranty. Recell is 6 months with $2500 extra if you want 2yrs/25k miles. Tesla's reman has 4yrs/50k miles bundled in.

$10k USD - That seems to be the current market rate for an 85 kWh used/reman/salvage replacement pack that gives the owner a rated range of around 240 miles. Just the pack. Labor, taxes, and warranty (explained below) are extra.

$10k includes Tesla, 3rd party professionals and salvage yards. Tesla bundles in a 4 year/50k mile warranty while others offer warranties at an extra cost. Each year of warranty seems to range from $1250-$1500/year. e.g. Tesla's basic $15k=$10k pack + (4) x $1250 warranty. Of course, Tesla does not break things down like this, but based on 3rd party warranty fees, a reasonable comparison.

So your decision around that magic $10k number for a 85 kWh used/reman/salvage replacement pack revolves around warranty and convenience of location/time.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and hydro
It looks like the new owners of 057 have removed all the mentions of @wk057 on the website (his Twitter/X link at the top and the page about his solar setup are gone)

I wouldn't be surprised if wk himself edit it since it happened yest/today, right after he was done with this thread...
Per his words earlier, new company never took over TMC account so maybe they never did for website either...

Seems you're right. No one ever removed my ssh key from the VM the site is hosted on. Since no one else was following through with the requirement to remove my personal info, yes I went ahead removed links to my personal stuff once I saw my credentials hadn't been removed after alerting those involved of my intention to do so several days ago, and also not getting a firm "don't do it" from council.

There is no public evidence of a sale. Nobody has been able to unearth anything.

I mean, if you're going to outright lie and spread FUD, at least make it believable.

"Nobody" posted the info for the purchasing company in this thread already over a month ago. And I guess "Nobody" could see that company is a 3 member partnership (no, none are me) as I'd noted. Also "Nobody" had that same info on every invoice for anything purchased from 057 since the sale and transition. And absolutely "Nobody" purchased any of the hundreds of parts sold via the eBay store of the same name (now sold out, I believe) that was linked to from the main website and even my own Twitter for months and months. "Nobody" can go to that company's domain name, clearly registered some time soon after the sale and transition, and see it go to the same website (even if no one ever got around to setting up the SSL cert correctly, apparently).

"Nobody" has any info it seems.

"Nobody."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Please stop DM'ing me on other platforms about the FUD in this thread. The xkcd #386 in me is not great with ignoring such nonsense, especially when it's directed at me personally.)

Seems you're right. No one ever removed my ssh key from the VM the site is hosted on. Since no one else was following through with the requirement to remove my personal info, yes I went ahead removed links to my personal stuff once I saw my credentials hadn't been removed after alerting those involved of my intention to do so several days ago, and also not getting a firm "don't do it" from council.

I mean, if you're going to outright lie and spread FUD, at least make it believable.

"Nobody" posted the info for the purchasing company in this thread already over a month ago. And I guess "Nobody" could see that company is a 3 member partnership (no, none are me) as I'd noted. Also "Nobody" had that same info on every invoice for anything purchased from 057 since the sale and transition. And absolutely "Nobody" purchased any of the hundreds of parts sold via the eBay store of the same name (now sold out, I believe) that was linked to from the main website and even my own Twitter for months and months. "Nobody" can go to that company's domain name, clearly registered some time soon after the sale and transition, and see it go to the same website (even if no one ever got around to setting up the SSL cert correctly, apparently).

"Nobody" has any info it seems.

"Nobody."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Please stop DM'ing me on other platforms about the FUD in this thread. The xkcd #386 in me is not great with ignoring such nonsense, especially when it's directed at me personally.)
Mr. Hughes - should time allow, we could use your Tesla centric advise and knowledge over at the Facebook BMS_u029/018 site of which you are a member. Hope you can find time to chime in. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHL and xAgyex
Mr. Hughes - should time allow, we could use your Tesla centric advise and knowledge over at the Facebook BMS_u029/018 site of which you are a member. Hope you can find time to chime in. Thank you.

Y’all went hard at him and now want him in your cool kid clubs?

Wild. If I were JH, middle fingers a plenty to the brand and the userbase.

If the new 057 won't tell me whether I have an active service plan then I want a prorated refund of my 2 year plan that started about 2.5 months ago.

If my battery fails towards the end of the plan period, that pro rated refund, when they may or may not respond/help me would be much smaller.

That's more generous on my part than asking for a full refund of something I bought that I don't know whether or not really exists. "New 057" has had a week to respond to me and much much longer to respond to others!

Has anyone seen any proof that this new 057 tech actually exists? As far as I can tell there's more physical evidence for the Illuminati.
Mr. Hughes appears to be confirming above that one of the random LLCs that people dug up with "057" in their name while blindly stabbing around in the dark is in fact the "correct" New057 LLC, formed in Tennessee, called "057 Companies LLC".

That entity is helmed by a Mr. Keith Baker and is headquartered at 1572 Championship Blvd. in Franklin, TN.
Here's a shot of the new shop, maybe there's a lift around back:

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 1.50.23 PM.png

Looks like Mr. Baker is also the CEO of "Slidell Oil Company", whose website is currently a default Plesk page.

Maybe you could ask him on Facebook where to get support for your battery service plan? They also have a registered agent listed:

MILL CREEK LEGAL, PLLC
Agent Address:7209 HALEY INDUSTRIAL DR
STE 200
NOLENSVILLE, TN 37135-9673 USA

Someone registered http://057companies.com back in June and redirected it to the existing 057 tech website. DNS for this domain is provided by the same "wktel.com" name servers that serve the "old" 057tech and Jason's personal site.

Hopefully this helps someone get what they paid for.

Mr. Hughes appears to be confirming above that one of the random LLCs that people dug up with "057" in their name while blindly stabbing around in the dark is in fact the "correct" New057 LLC, formed in Tennessee, called "057 Companies LLC".

That entity is helmed by a Mr. Keith Baker and is headquartered at 1572 Championship Blvd. in Franklin, TN.
Here's a shot of the new shop, maybe there's a lift around back:

View attachment 1008656

Looks like Mr. Baker is also the CEO of "Slidell Oil Company", whose website is currently a default Plesk page.

Maybe you could ask him on Facebook where to get support for your battery service plan? They also have a registered agent listed:

MILL CREEK LEGAL, PLLC
Agent Address:7209 HALEY INDUSTRIAL DR
STE 200
NOLENSVILLE, TN 37135-9673 USA

Someone registered http://057companies.com back in June and redirected it to the existing 057 tech website. DNS for this domain is provided by the same "wktel.com" name servers that serve the "old" 057tech and Jason's personal site.

Hopefully this helps someone get what they paid for.
Some great investigative reporting! Gotta be self advocating with this mess. 057 sure isn't helping.