Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 057 website says

"HV Battery Service Plan has been discontinued"​

RIP
January 31, 2022 - January 29, 2024
In addition, it seems that they added a new FAQ:

Q: I purchased a service plan, what do I have to do?
A: Nothing. If you have a battery issue during the service plan time and mileage period, contact us after logging into your account.

Q: I never received a monitoring device. Is my plan active?
A: The monitoring device's purpose was to prevent customers from receiving service plan work on a battery with a preexisting issue. We built up sufficient data to mitigate this risk through other means, and activated nearly all plans 8 weeks after purchase, per the terms and conditions, with or without a monitoring device. Upon the need for service, the vehicle's logs would be inspected to determine if a battery issue is applicable under the service plan. Any questions, contact us after logging into your account.

Q: May I renew an existing service plan?
A: No, service plan renewals were never guaranteed to be made available, and will not be made available except as outlined in the terms with regard to a battery replacement under the service plan.
So maybe they do still exist? Or maybe not since @Chris TX hasn't heard back on their failure... (@Chris TX how long has it been since you opened a ticket via their web site?)

The 057 website says

"HV Battery Service Plan has been discontinued"​

RIP
January 31, 2022 - January 29, 2024
Interesting that the website URL has the word "warranty" in it:

This adds to the confusion over warranty vs service plan. The whole thing had me learn a lot and about some of the assumptions I was making such as thinking Jason Hughes and 057tech were one and the same. I was debating whether or not to buy a service plan but ended up choosing to roll the dice and just do a battery upgrade should my original 85kWh pack give me trouble.

I loved the idea of a knowledgable 3rd party mechanic willing to share their findings and views but I suppose one of the big issues here is that a 3rd party would expose themselves to liability with covering a product they did not design nor build. Now I'm hoping for some 3rd party (perhaps by former Tesla/Panasonic designers) will build and offer a "better than OEM" pack in the near future...one that is more sustainable/interchangeable/serviceable.

Yes. It appears Recell offers a relatively affordable option but I'm not clear on what they do to their battery packs and I don't think they offer an upgraded "better than OEM" option for folks with >85kWh pack owners.
Are their known issues with the >85kWh that are a common problem? I thought most of the problems were fixed with redesigns that were incorporated in the newer packs. (And I assume Recell applies a number, if not all, of those fixes on the packs they deal with, mainly being changes to the vent valves, and other things, to help prevent moisture intrusion.)

Are their known issues with the >85kWh that are a common problem? I thought most of the problems were fixed with redesigns that were incorporated in the newer packs. (And I assume Recell applies a number, if not all, of those fixes on the packs they deal with, mainly being changes to the vent valves, and other things, to help prevent moisture intrusion.)

Rereading my statement I can the ambiguity. I was speaking more about the capacity/range with reference to the >85kWh owners, and that Recell's listed offerings seem to have diminished range (unless their listed estimate of range is actual range and not Tesla's rated or ideal formula). I'm glad Recell certifies their products and improves upon the OEM, I'm hoping they'll start working on 100kWh packs so some of us 85/90 pack owners can get an affordable upgrade soon.

Interesting that the website URL has the word "warranty" in it:

This adds to the confusion over warranty vs service plan. The whole thing had me learn a lot and about some of the assumptions I was making such as thinking Jason Hughes and 057tech were one and the same. I was debating whether or not to buy a service plan but ended up choosing to roll the dice and just do a battery upgrade should my original 85kWh pack give me trouble.

I loved the idea of a knowledgable 3rd party mechanic willing to share their findings and views but I suppose one of the big issues here is that a 3rd party would expose themselves to liability with covering a product they did not design nor build. Now I'm hoping for some 3rd party (perhaps by former Tesla/Panasonic designers) will build and offer a "better than OEM" pack in the near future...one that is more sustainable/interchangeable/serviceable.
Having been a webmaster, that's likely just an SEO (search engine optimization). The terms are fairly clear it's not a warranty, but I think that horse had been beaten already.

Last edited:
Rereading my statement I can the ambiguity. I was speaking more about the capacity/range with reference to the >85kWh owners, and that Recell's listed offerings seem to have diminished range (unless their listed estimate of range is actual range and not Tesla's rated or ideal formula). I'm glad Recell certifies their products and improves upon the OEM, I'm hoping they'll start working on 100kWh packs so some of us 85/90 pack owners can get an affordable upgrade soon.
Recell said multiple times on 029 fb group that they turn 16 module pack (85/90) into 14 (70/75)
Why they don't just say that idk... but thats what those packs are, 70 or 75kwh packs, same as OEM plus degradation due to age of cells...
They just take failed packs n remove 2 modules, cause most packs when they fail still have good 14 or 15 modules

Their higher priced packs (more range are probably just packs that had something other than cells fail, like bmbs or contactors...
Thats why these are more pricey...

I had written a long verbose post, as is my style, defending the service plan program... because it does bother me that people are trying to make out something that I put a lot of work into out to be some kind of scam when it clearly never was.... but, I'm not going to bother. It's just not my problem anymore.

I will just note that it seems no one ever reads the fine print. Most plans were eventually activated using a discretionary exception in the terms, if without a BMD, and that was reflected in the service plan portal for the people affected (most), along with notification settings and whatnot for events in that portal. There were some left unactivated, but not many.

I have no access to any of this anymore. I've no influence with the new ownership. I've not even had any direct contact with the purchasing partnership for months. So, while I'd be happy to help sort something out if I could, there's nothing I can do.

Have a battery issue? Contact 057 as noted in the service plan terms. Want a pro-rate refund? Contact 057 as noted in the service plan terms. Have another issue? Contact your credit card company. Yes, I've seen people submit (fraudulent) chargebacks are far back as 3 years.

Again, I've nothing to do with any of this anymore, and I guess it's just best that I go back to ignoring this thread.
Hi, can you PM me? I can’t contact you! Thanks

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have a great friend that works for Tesla and I'm doing the battery replacement through Tesla. The warranty, extra range (90kWh), and faster Supercharging speed will be a value add, for sure. I'm already transferring the lifetime Supercharging to my new Model X which I take delivery in a week or two.

I've started the process of filing a fraud claim against 057 Technologies with my CC company, which has been very helpful. For those that want to go through this process, it's best to get your invoice that shows "PAID" across in green, the Quickbooks receipt, and the TN business entity printout (attached).

A simple explanation of when you purchased the warranty and when you claimed the warranty with no contact back, should suffice.
Just as a follow-up, my CC company has credited my card with the full amount I paid, plus interest. I haven't received any messages, emails, or calls from them about this yet. It's been only 5 business days since they received my letter with evidence of the claim. I hope everyone is at least as successful as I have been with this nonsense.

Just as a follow-up, my CC company has credited my card with the full amount I paid, plus interest. I haven't received any messages, emails, or calls from them about this yet. It's been only 5 business days since they received my letter with evidence of the claim. I hope everyone is at least as successful as I have been with this nonsense.
Most likely just a temporary credit until the merchant has a chance to respond and the investigation is complete. The last one I did took 9 months to finalize. (They removed and re-added the credit every month until it was finalized.)

They always credit your account for the full amount shortly after you dispute a charge. What really matters is the dispute resolution. My last one took about 4 months and had them decide in the sellers favor in the intrim until I pushed them to ask the seller to provide a tracking number which the seller never did.

Last edited: