Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this the only indication of an ongoing investigation? How did they communicate that the investigation was complete and in your favor?
No, when I originally filed the claim they let me know that they started the investigation and have applied the temporary credit, and that they would notify me when they came to a final decision. I can't recall if the final notification was a paper letter or if it was a communication through my app.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm still working with my attorney to figure out exactly how bound I still am by several contracts that tie my hands on going into detail on some things before I, well, go into any more detail beyond this.
So do what everyone else on this planet does, and direct all questions to your attorney.
What's his contact info?

Even if he doesn't answer anything for us... just seeing that he exists, has been in business longer than you, and is known by past clients and other court staff... would do wonders for this forum being able to put faith in your story. Trust, but verify, right?

Last edited:
So do what everyone else on this planet does, and direct all questions to your attorney.
What's his contact info?

Even if he doesn't answer anything for us... just seeing that he exists, has been in business longer than you, and is known by past clients and other court staff... would do wonders for this forum being able to put faith in your story. Trust, but verify, right?
Attorneys are not customer service or PR, so it makes zero sense to explicitly direct consumers to an attorney, especially given they will charge you through the nose for the time they spend responding (or even reviewing without responding).
Rather it makes much more sense to consult with the attorney and make any statements afterwards that they say can be made. The attorney however most likely would suggest you to keep quiet.

The attorney or his office staff can answer if he represents JH in these proceedings, or perhaps we can find case files ourselves.
Point is even doing that costs money, billable in time increments. There would probably be dozens of inquires. It's much more cost effective to ask the attorney outright what can be said and just post it as a post here. Or keep quiet if attorney says so.

I see no positives for him to reveal to consumers who is his attorney(s), especially given he is no longer part of the company.

So the only verifiable facts we have here are:
- The dissolution of the LLC
- The clearing out of the building
- The word of only one person that he sold it.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear from any other person on Earth that this sale actually happened? His wife, kids, gardener, milkman, mail carrier, accountant, preacher, bartender, politician, best friend, etc etc.

He already has the ESP money free and clear. He posted asking for forgiveness, and he should have offered testimony by literally anyone else in his town.

And really, you think that an attorney secretary answering the phone being asked "does your office represent" is going to try to bill for that? So the office will try to bill everytime news media calls with a question even if they answer "no comment"? What kind of client is going to pay that? I'm sure attorneys get robocalls just like everyone else.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear from any other person on Earth that this sale actually happened? His wife, kids, gardener, milkman, mail carrier, accountant, preacher, bartender, politician, best friend, etc etc.

He already has the ESP money free and clear. He posted asking for forgiveness, and he should have offered testimony by literally anyone else in his town.

And really, you think that an attorney secretary answering the phone being asked "does your office represent" is going to try to bill for that? So the office will try to bill everytime news media calls with a question even if they answer "no comment"? What kind of client is going to pay that? I'm sure attorneys get robocalls just like everyone else.
Your comment echo many before you in this thread.

From the 40,000 foot view, 057's story is a reflection and lesson learned in this infancy of EV repair. The fragility of current 3rd party EV professionals is the reason I opted to go to Tesla for both my new (not reman) HV pack and LDU/RDU. I did not feel comfortable going with a 3rd party partially because I had no confidence they would be in business down the road if I had an issue. Plus I'd have to ship my car to them while with Tesla I can just go to the nearest Tesla Service Center for warranty or any other issues.

From a space station view, it's the wild wild west out there in regards to EV repair - no one can agree on best way to fix a large item like HV pack replacement/repair, there is no formalized training, most Gen 1.0 3rd parties are self taught, etc. Until 3rd parties mature I'll recommend them to other folks with caution but will likely continue to chose Tesla for my repairs.

Last edited:
This is key. My first car back in 1976 required me to fix it before it would run. It eas a junkyard car. I can imagine a similarly aged person today fixing their first car, an electric vehicle, before getting it on the road. A salvage car like this will require much different knowledge and skills than my junkyard car.
Tesla does not seem to heading to that direction any time soon, most parts are one time use only and unlike traditional cars that can take third party parts instead of genuine OEMs. If the new $25k model comes out later, it will make it even worse, repair cost will not be justified and once out of warranty, just recycle it just like an iphone or android.

Tesla does not seem to heading to that direction any time soon, most parts are one time use only and unlike traditional cars that can take third party parts instead of genuine OEMs. If the new $25k model comes out later, it will make it even worse, repair cost will not be justified and once out of warranty, just recycle it just like an iphone or android.
It doesn't have to...
I'm already fixing second salvage tesla, plenty of used OEM parts on ebay/junk yards.. which i prefer over aftermarket anyways...
Many ppl have no issues buying used out of warranty Teslas n fixing them ourselves, they'll keep running

As far as HV pack, its already not worth the effort to fix it, since i can buy complete wrecked Model S (with good HV) for <$10k n then sell used modules
So there's no issues with out of warranty cars as long as we have plenty of parts...

It doesn't have to...
I'm already fixing second salvage tesla, plenty of used OEM parts on ebay/junk yards.. which i prefer over aftermarket anyways...
Many ppl have no issues buying used out of warranty Teslas n fixing them ourselves, they'll keep running

As far as HV pack, its already not worth the effort to fix it, since i can buy complete wrecked Model S (with good HV) for <$10k n then sell used modules
So there's no issues with out of warranty cars as long as we
Is it for S or the newer 3/Y? I am thinking more on the HV battery, or the 4680 pack if it ever becomes widespread. I am sure there are people will/can fix the car themselves but for the mass market will not have the skill or time to fix it themselves. For business owners, I imagine this will be hard business model to build a consistent pipeline.

Last edited:
Is it for S or the newer 3/Y? I am thinking more on the HV battery, or the 4680 pack if it ever becomes widespread. I am sure there are people will/can fix the car themselves but for the mass market will not have the skill or time to fix it themselves. For business owners, I imagine this will be hard business model to build a consistent pipeline.
for S/X (2012-2021 packs) but 3/Y packs are even cheaper, search eBay, they already like 4-5k...

you'd be surprised, i've seen plenty of posts/youtube videos ppl swapping packs/DUs in their garage with basic tools...
anyone that can work on ICE can work on Tesla...

for S/X (2012-2021 packs) but 3/Y packs are even cheaper, search eBay, they already like 4-5k...

you'd be surprised, i've seen plenty of posts/youtube videos ppl swapping packs/DUs in their garage with basic tools...
anyone that can work on ICE can work on Tesla...
Yes, I believe it is possible and doable. My point is for most people, they will need to rely on shop to do it for them, this is not like you can just call up a local Firestone (horrible example) what's the cost to replace the HV pack?

In order to have a viable business model, then there needs to be consistent and quality suppliers of parts whether it is salvaged, used or new to setup a shop that can offer this type of repair business, also what type of warranty can the shop offers - days, weeks ? It also has to be profitable and sustainable.

Then the hard part will be the customer decision on how to spend their money .. new one, cheaper repair but with doubts, more expensive repairs..

The "mass market" can't fix any vehicle.
Lol, yeah, the mass market was never able to fix any vehicle themselves. Given the service manuals are readily available, service mode is now easy to access, most parts can be bought OTC at Tesla, there is now a massive aftermarket mods scene, and Teslas are now made in so high volume (Model Y is literally the best selling car model in the world) that there are plenty of relatively cheap used parts, as a DIYer, I'm not worried about servicing any longer after warranty. And having messed around with my car, it's actually fairly easy to service and much cleaner than that working on my ICE car.

For mechanics, there are some new high voltage safety procedures to observe, but it's not any more complex than what fixing a modern ICE would require.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe it is possible and doable. My point is for most people, they will need to rely on shop to do it for them, this is not like you can just call up a local Firestone (horrible example) what's the cost to replace the HV pack?

In order to have a viable business model, then there needs to be consistent and quality suppliers of parts whether it is salvaged, used or new to setup a shop that can offer this type of repair business, also what type of warranty can the shop offers - days, weeks ? It also has to be profitable and sustainable.

Then the hard part will be the customer decision on how to spend their money .. new one, cheaper repair but with doubts, more expensive repairs..
I agree. It took a long time for the ICE ages vehicles to get to that point. This EV age will take some more time.

The only way I see more info emerging is if an affected owner files suit against the old and/or new LLC for restitution. Which frankly I’d highly recommend. Small claims should suffice. The swindlers have gone dark.

Why should he? What does he gain from it? All I see are negatives for him doing that and pulling in unrelated people into this issue, especially given his claim is he signed an NDA that limits the amount of information he can share publicly on the sale. He made a public statement on what happened, you can choose to believe it or not.

If the expectation is for them to answer "no comment" on the phone, as if it was a spam call without even looking up what case is being referred to, then what's the point of providing the attorney's contact in the first place?

Your comment is expecting them to respond by looking up what case you were referring to, and then respond at minimum: yes, I am representing this client on this matter, if not respond with some basic information (like the fact that a sale occurred). You can bet the attorney will bill for that, especially if it is you as a client who put that extra workload on them for no good legal reason (your own internet reputation?).

Edit: and note above I was talking more about emails, which are easier to track and bill for than phone calls. From my experience, yes, attorneys bill for reviewing emails, even if they don't respond back.

Last edited: