Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S VIN 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like he got all the perf sig features: white leather, red paint, pano roof (or maybe that is black -- I think pano), shiny wheels, all carbon fiber accents.

Correct? Or maybe there is something missing?

Can't be the white interior because he clearly latches a black seatbelt. The white interior comes with white seatbelts whereas the tan interior comes with black seatbelts.

Well, the occasion of Steve getting his car made me revisit an audio clip of a conversation I had with him (and a bit with Franz at the end) at the Model S premiere back in March of 2009.

http://teslamotorsclub.com/audio/Steve Jurvetson (some Franz) - Model S.mp3

Things I noticed listening again three years later:
  • We're very giddy talking about the car. (Perhaps slightly inebriated.)
  • There was no iPad yet, so we talk about the 17" touch screen like it's a big iPhone.
  • We talk about the concept of a cloud connected car like it's something new.
  • We mention haptic feedback in the display. A minor feature from which Tesla has since walked away.
  • Projected delivery by the end of 2011. Missed by only 6 months, which is pretty amazing considering they didn't even have a factory yet. (The then VP of Manufacturing had assured me that the would-be plant would be somewhere in SoCal.)
Amazing how quickly they got this together in only a few years. Congrats to the whole Tesla team! And congrats to Steve!

Pic from Twitter, Josh Stein:

Auj2a-cCMAAeJOm.jpg