Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Spare Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good you are proactive. This little rock brought me down returning from Mendocino. My 12v pump enabled me to crawl along to a shop eventually, they plugged it.
IMG_5003.JPG

Picked up a screw halfway on a1450 mile emergency trip to be with my Mom who broke a hip at 100. I had only 6,000 miles on the car at the time. I had swapped my 20" slipstreams and tires for 5 Model S slipstreams previously, so was able to get my spare out under the back storage lid and change it in less then 20 minutes. I have a 5 seater so easier to store in the back. I do think the Modern Spare option would fit even better under the lid if you have the standard 20" or 22" wheels. By the way Mom had the hip repaired and lived well for another two years.

Reactions: wreighven
It seems the thinner lighter Continental tires seem to puncture easier. I had every tire replaced or repaired due to punctures. Since then I switched to a heavier but more durable Pirelli Scorpian tire and have not had the tread wear or puncture issues for the past 10k miles.