Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7FC3EBD6-AFE2-4497-B3F6-F5811DC444BF.jpeg

Ordered: 6th April 2023
Built: End of April
Last EDD: 23th June - 14th July
Schedule delivery: 27th June
Fully paid: 22th June

MYLR, Grey, Black interior, 20”
Brisbane

Reactions: dean.eth and MYLRSC
You would think Tesla staff would know better than to charge a non-LFP battery to 100% and let it sit there for a week, but apparently not.

My Performance model was delivered with 100% as well, I was not impressed.
I had the doubt that because LR were new to Australia they might treat it the same as the RWD LFP, but overturned myself that it's got a dual motor badge at the rear and surely they treat it same as performance, but not if they treat the same for performance....
I would think it is important to charge to 100% in order to qualify the battery during their checks
But then it is easy enough to activate sentry mode to slowly drain the battery
I hope that's what they did, same as Aliciar though in app was limited to 90%.

Everybody check your paintwork when collecting your car. When I collected my red LR Y 3 weeks ago I could see some swirls but didn't think much of it because it was going in for Paint correction and ceramic coating. Dropped the car off yesterday and my detailer called me, he was horrified the state of the paint, he said it is the worst he has ever seen. He said the scratches were so deep, Tesla probably used a filthy sponge to wash the car 🤬.

If it’s being financed, almost certainly.

Even so, why would you risk driving uninsured out the door of the delivery centre?

Just wanting to confirm that he insurance you are talking about is comprehensive cover? I see in the costs that CTP is listed so I assume there is no need to do anything else with that. Other than comprehensive is there anything else insurance wise?