Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order an inventory MYLR from Brisbane on Tuesday, pushed delivery by a week and just received my new invoice as well, saved myself $4100 and car is now significantly under LCT threshold with 20inch wheels and Metallic silver paint.
We got our MYP under LCT threshold.. I better not say too much, apparently only about 3 or 4 customers in the whole country managed to achieve that, so that'd make it pretty easy for Tesla to identify me.

Quick question - is there any difference in the interior for the Long Range vs the RWD? On the Model 3, it looks like you get 'premium audio' with the long range, but that seems to be standard on the Y in the RWD. Are the differences with the Long Range just the battery and motors?

Whats the problem here

Phone key works
I can use the app to unlock all the doors, boot frunk and charging door
I can drive
Bluetooth connected

However I cannot operate the Climate controls or flash, honk start or vent via the App
And the "last seen a day ago" even though Im sitting in the vehicle

Account is connected
App is always on

Have tried turning phone off then back on

Should I go into Account and sign out then back on??

IMG_401D594896F6-1.jpeg

Took delivery of LR last week and have a couple of questions that I thought should ask better minds who may have the below figured out:
1. Phantom (?) seatbelt warning - this happens when you have an object on a passenger seat (child seat, parcel, etc.). Apparently, the easiest way to disable the warning is to click on the relevant seat when the warning comes up. I tried it but it has not worked. I had to stop the car a couple of times to put on a seat belt for an object to get rid of the warning.
2. Charge hq impact on vehicle battery - when my vehicle was charging this morning, charge hq decided to pause charging for about 10-15 mins to avoid impact on the vehicle battery from charging start and stop. I have set the charge hq in a way that the vehicle is only charged up to 90% if there is excess solar production. The latter condition is time/weather variant and this leads to charging start and stop which apparently is not good for battery. I like the fact that charge hq have thought about this but keen to understand if anyone has come across this and what you do further minimise battery impact from start and stop charging.

Took delivery of LR last week and have a couple of questions that I thought should ask better minds who may have the below figured out:
1. Phantom (?) seatbelt warning - this happens when you have an object on a passenger seat (child seat, parcel, etc.). Apparently, the easiest way to disable the warning is to click on the relevant seat when the warning comes up. I tried it but it has not worked. I had to stop the car a couple of times to put on a seat belt for an object to get rid of the warning.
2. Charge hq impact on vehicle battery - when my vehicle was charging this morning, charge hq decided to pause charging for about 10-15 mins to avoid impact on the vehicle battery from charging start and stop. I have set the charge hq in a way that the vehicle is only charged up to 90% if there is excess solar production. The latter condition is time/weather variant and this leads to charging start and stop which apparently is not good for battery. I like the fact that charge hq have thought about this but keen to understand if anyone has come across this and what you do further minimise battery impact from start and stop charging.
Starting and stoping a charge should not be bad for the battery. Excessive starting and stopping the charge will impact the contactors that controls the on or off flow of current/charge to the battery. I assume ChargeHQ has a minimum off time to avoid such excessive use of the contactor.

Note also that the battery is constantly charging and discharging during a typical drive, discharging being during applying power to move the car, charging being during regenerative braking/slowing. If starting and stopping the charge of the battery had a big impact this one would be much more significant instance of starting and stopping a charge.

Has anyone with a new Model Y LR had issues with the screen being blank and unresponsive when you enter the car? I’ve had it maybe five times now. Pressing the scroll wheels solves it. And I did a power cycle (power down - wait 2mins start up) and that hasn’t fixed it. Not sure if it’s just a random software thing or something I should investigate with service.

Has anyone with a new Model Y LR had issues with the screen being blank and unresponsive when you enter the car? I’ve had it maybe five times now. Pressing the scroll wheels solves it. And I did a power cycle (power down - wait 2mins start up) and that hasn’t fixed it. Not sure if it’s just a random software thing or something I should investigate with service.

yes it is a current bug in the latest software :( It seems to happen more on 2023.20.7, started on the update prior to that. Tesla are aware and are working on a fix.