Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanting to confirm that he insurance you are talking about is comprehensive cover? I see in the costs that CTP is listed so I assume there is no need to do anything else with that. Other than comprehensive is there anything else insurance wise?

Yes I was referring to comprehensive. If a car is being financed, normally the financier won't settle without evidence of comprehensive insurance on the car (ie: certificate of currency).

If it's not being financed, and the car is registered, there's nothing stopping you driving out the door uninsured other than commonsense!

3rd party injury insurance is part of the rego of course, but it's not going to cover you if you drive up the back of a Rolls Royce.

Whats everyone doing with keys in AUS?
Bluetooth Phone key with my Pixel phone, which can also unlock the car with NFC (like the keycards) as a backup.

And as backup I also have Bluetooth key and NFC key with my Pixel watch and Drive Electric for Tesla

I keep one of the keycards hidden in case I need to leave the car with a tyre shop or detailer etc.

I was thinking of getting a keyfob, but they're no longer available in Australia and the main features I'd want (remote open of boot & froot) I can do with the Pixel Watch. It can even unlatch any of the four doors on command, over bluetooth.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
Key cards - are people keeping this on their person as a backup?
Yes, I keep mine in my wallet as a backup, but the phone key has always worked fine. Never know when a phone might fail, though.

Any point in getting Key Fob?
I don't think it's sold in Australia currently because the battery compartment doesn't have a screw to hold it closed, so it doesn't comply with product safety rules.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
Final invoice has now finalised my Finance. (Novated lease EV Tax / NSW )

Should this help anyone else looking to max out their Novated lease Tax benefit...

(Today's) Buy Cash price : $86,526
Novated lease final: $86,488 (Rental repayments x 36 month + payout fee to own)

Lease costs : $2239 /m
Difference to Monthly Pay: $1,333/m (Car+Annual Comprehensive Insurance + Fee)

Reasons why this is worth it (to me):
-
$0 Post tax deduction (Reduces my tax threshold with minimal impact to my post tax pay)
- Reduces my tax bracket from 45%+
- More money upfront to invest / save for other things in life
- Sell my existing vehicle now at "top dollar" to set aside for ownership (will invest meanwhile)
- I excluded Rego costs as I receive free rego from using NSW Tolls.

Car is Model Y , LR White, Black Interior, 19 Wheels - Cant change anything otherwise I'd exceed the LCT Cap and pay ALOT more.

Hi Mate,

We are also going down the novated lease path for the MYLR - Looking at placing an order next week hopefully once I get the final quote from SG Fleet.

Just a couple of question regarding the numbers you have shared.

How did you get $86,526 for the Model Y LR with your configuration? the price I am seeing is $88,506 on the Tesla website.....I'm also based in NSW.

What are people in Australia doing for MY Spare tire??
tyre repair kit
Space saving spare
full size spare

If the latter 2, how are they secured in the boot?
I’ve seen this method on Facebook. on Long trips I carry a full size spare as slime kits are completely useless if you hit a pothole or piece of steel that’s fallen off a truck. If only driving around suburban areas it’s safer to call Tesla service and get a flatbed rather than change a tyre on the side of a road.

Attachments

• CF47486E-944A-4456-93AC-F70C198DBA8B.jpeg
    CF47486E-944A-4456-93AC-F70C198DBA8B.jpeg
    843.4 KB · Views: 131