Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To overcome aerodynamic drag, the power (Watts) scales with velocity cubed, energy per distance travelled scales with velocity squared.

So you'll actually use about 20% more at 110km/h versus 100km/h, and 20% less at 90km/h. Speed makes a big difference.
Absolutely right about the impact of speed on energy consumption, especially in electric vehicles like Teslas. As a Tesla owner myself, I've noticed that maintaining a slightly lower speed does wonders for energy efficiency.

When it comes to winter driving and the potential need for tire chains, TESERY has some excellent options tailored for Tesla models, including the Model Y. They offer snow chains designed to provide traction in snowy or icy conditions, ensuring a safe and efficient drive.

You can explore their range of Tesla Model Y tire chains here: Tesla Model Y Tire Chains.

Safe travels and efficient driving!

Absolutely right about the impact of speed on energy consumption, especially in electric vehicles like Teslas. As a Tesla owner myself, I've noticed that maintaining a slightly lower speed does wonders for energy efficiency.

When it comes to winter driving and the potential need for tire chains, TESERY has some excellent options tailored for Tesla models, including the Model Y. They offer snow chains designed to provide traction in snowy or icy conditions, ensuring a safe and efficient drive.

You can explore their range of Tesla Model Y tire chains here: Tesla Model Y Tire Chains.

Safe travels and efficient driving!
Except that in Australia, we are approaching Summer, so snow chains are a low priority right now.

Having used snowchains, snowtyres for the best part of nearly 20 years, I would never use those "chains" - mainly because they are not diamond patterned. and snow chain rental shops would never hire those out.
A potential alternative would be tyre socks (and snow tires but unrealistic for the occasional snow visitor)

Hi team. Sorry if this has been asked before, but do the Oz MYs still come with ultrasonic sensors (and enabled)? It's now been confirmed that the new M3 "highland" no longer does, but I'm wondering if the same has already occurred with the mid-refresh MY to come from Shanghai.

Thanks for replying. I note that the mid-refresh MY (the minor refresh before Juniper) is still only being made available for China and there's no word yet for when we'd see it. It'd be interesting to see if the sensors are removed in that.

Hi All,

I am about to pull the trigger on buying a Model Y and I am wanting to know what Mods people have done,

I'm looking to add a screen behind the steering wheel, a shade for the roof and possibly a screen for the back seat (I Think a tablet is a better idea). (All partner approval factor)

I have been recomended looking into getting the airpump with goo, a spare tyre, a type 2 plug, floor mats, and a boot mat,

What mods have others done, and where do you get yours from?

TIA

Question for owners - can you get your MY to direct the airflow above the steering wheel on the driver's side? I adjust the airflow and it will direct down, but not really above the middle of the steering wheel, even though the graphic indicates that it should be. Just wondering if this is an issue with my car, or that's just how it is?

Question for owners - can you get your MY to direct the airflow above the steering wheel on the driver's side? I adjust the airflow and it will direct down, but not really above the middle of the steering wheel, even though the graphic indicates that it should be. Just wondering if this is an issue with my car, or that's just how it is?
With the model 3 the highest is sort of through the steering wheel. Not sure about the Y but sounds like it might be the same.