Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had one today. Went through the McDonalds drive through. Kid at the window knew what the car was and complimented me on it, said how he loves Teslas, etc... made me feel pretty good. Then after handing my change to me he says "so, since you have a Model S let me ask you something... would you like to donate to XYZ charity today to help starving children?" Ugggg. I say sure, hand him the loose change (the better part of a dollar) and prepare to drive forawrd. Thats when he thanks me and says "You know, as a Tesla owner I was expecting you to lat least give a whole dollar". :rolleyes: I was not amused. However it does remind me of the recent South Park episode with the Whole Foods cashier asking for donations. :biggrin:

A simple "no thanks" works wonders ;)

Another one for me: just went for a drive up and down Twin Peaks, for no other reason than I could, and without any guilt around emissions and burning fuel.

On the way up, I came up, at a decent clip, to a tight right-hander with good visibility. I let the car roll into it, expecting some electronic pushback. None that I could detect by mid-turn. So I nailed the go-fast pedal.

I got a chirp from the rear, the slightest of sideways action, and left my mark on the pavement. The rest of this drive was leisurely, but my grin stayed. :cool:

Last edited:
I took a friend to the hospital for a TEE, so when she was done I had to drive my car up as they wheeled her out in a wheelchair. The male nurse wheeling her out said to her "OMG, is that a Tesla?" and then she said he made a weird growly sound (?). Poor girl, she was all groggy and just wanted to go home and eat something, but he was asking me a million questions about the car! He said one of the doctors there has one, and another doctor was jealous, and was also a huge fan and wanted one badly. I tried to answer all his questions as quickly as I could before my friend reached the end of her patients (see what I did there with that intentional typo? HAHA)

As we drove off, I apologized to her and said "welcome to Tesla-life!"

Let me save others 30 seconds--TEE=transesophageal echocardiography. (I looked it up.)
Unfortunately, I was not patient enough to wait until getting to your post and immediately used Wikipedia quick-search once I hit "TEE", not even finishing the sentence. It only took me about 10 seconds to do that and go down the list of meanings to find the medical term. Thanks for trying, anyway. :wink:

Washing my car at a commercial place yesterday, there was a guy in a Mustang waiting for me to finish. After the wash, I moved the car out of the stall and into a regular parking spot to work on the interior. He pulled the Mustang into the wash bay, got out and started walking toward me. I immediately thought "Here it comes, Tesla Time." He handed me a quarter and said "You left this in the machine." What a let-down! But then he immediately followed with "Thanks for buying a Tesla. I'm a stockholder." After he finished his wash he pulled into the spot next to me and Tesla Time ensued.

It seems bad habits are hard to break. I have been driving for 55 years. Yesterday I picked up my 85D. I was a bit nervous driving it for the first 5 miles. Every time we had to stop at a traffic light I thought OMG the engine died! Umm well, there is no engine, a bad ICE habit from so many years! Took me a half hour to get over that feeling at every light!:redface:

Yesterday at the Dallas Service Center getting some work done, I got to just hang out and chill in the waiting room. I saw two families come to pick up there car. I chatted with them a little bit, it was great. I felt like a established father in the hospital nursery going around and shaking hands with all the new parents.

Another cool moment at the service center yesterday: As I was hanging out and waiting, a gentlemen came in and started talking to the Tesla employee at the front desk. I overheard the conversation, and he said that he's been considering buying a Tesla and wanted to get some information on it. The employee said that this was the service center, and he'd need to go the NorthPark mall and they would be able to help him a little better (but he was very nice about it). Knowing that here in Texas, all test drives have to be scheduled in advance through HQ in California, I chimed in and said, "Hey! I'll show you my car!" He agreed and was very excited, and mine was just finished and was pulled out front. So I went through the entire walk through and showed him everything. He said he's never ridden in one, but a friend has one and has sent him pictures. The look on his face when I punched it was awesome.

Anyway, our "test drive" lasted about 20 minutes. I knew he'd probably rather his friend get the credit, so I told him to ask his friend for his referral link if he ordered to get the $1,000 off.

I think we just sold another one.

Another cool moment at the service center yesterday: As I was hanging out and waiting, a gentlemen came in and started talking to the Tesla employee at the front desk. I overheard the conversation, and he said that he's been considering buying a Tesla and wanted to get some information on it. The employee said that this was the service center, and he'd need to go the NorthPark mall and they would be able to help him a little better (but he was very nice about it). Knowing that here in Texas, all test drives have to be scheduled in advance through HQ in California, I chimed in and said, "Hey! I'll show you my car!" He agreed and was very excited, and mine was just finished and was pulled out front. So I went through the entire walk through and showed him everything. He said he's never ridden in one, but a friend has one and has sent him pictures. The look on his face when I punched it was awesome.

I had a similar experience some time ago (long before Northpark).

Yesterday running around town with my wife getting the weekly groceries etc... stopped in traffic next to a truck driven by a younger guy wearing a camo hunting jacket. We'd seen quite a bit of camo already that morning and had been making some jokes about how it really shouldn't be a fashion statement. However around here, it unfortunately goes with just about everything - including striped track pants.

And not just at Wal-Mart either. But enough of that.

We were still laughing about camouflage fashion when we go stopped at the next light... next to the same guy on our right. This time he gesturing frantically for us to roll down the passenger window... so I did.

"What kind of car is that??"

"Tesla. All electric. No engine, no gas tank, no exhaust pipe... just batteries!"

"COOL!!!!"

(light turns green)

"Google it" I said

"I'm going to!"

So who'd have guessed... the car even attracts positive attention from the camo hunting crowd...