Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I met a coworker and her spouse in Ybor City last night for happy hour and dinner. I found parking on the street nearby, in front of another bar. The weather was nice, so all outdoor seating everywhere was occupied. (BTW, I've found I can parallel park this thing like a champ, better than anything I've ever driven).

After dinner I took them out to the car to show off my new lighted applique. The guys seated outside near my parking space asked if it was time for the Tesla walk through. "Sure, join in!" I yelled back. One guy asked, "are you married?" Ha-ha. "Technically, yeah"

Anyway, after showing my friend's husband all the usual stuff, they left and one of the bar patrons did ask to see the inside, so I had him get in and I showed him the usual screen stuff, etc. He was visiting from NC, and was very appreciative of the Tesla time. They cheered as I drove off.

Nothing like $2 martinis followed by rock star treatment! (And no, I was not impaired so don't even)

Perhaps the one annoying aspect of ownership comes from the gawkers. You're on a 4 lane road going the speed limit, trying to get through traffic, when a gawker has to pull up parallel to you to get a real look at the car and you can't change lanes to pass traffic because this guy's alternately pulling up alongside you or in your blind spot.

Only thing to do: Punch it. Then you get a happier Tesla moment...

On Interstate 5, between the Tejon Supercharger and the Hwy 46 off ramp, I saw 6 black Tesla S. (Not together, different intervals.)
I flashed and waved at each and received no response. I wonder if they may be driven by employees for delivery? Do they do that?
~Larry
Well here in Newport, there's just WAY too many Teslas that owners don't really acknowledge each other (sad right?). To be fair, if you tried waving to every Tesla in Newport Beach you'd be waving nonstop at each intersection.
That's why I feel bad when I go out of town and someone waves or gives me a thumbs up and I dont react fast enough for them to see me :crying:

That's why I feel bad when I go out of town and someone waves or gives me a thumbs up and I dont react fast enough for them to see me :crying:
I only recently stopped going into shock when seeing another Model S. I'm a waving machine now, with a whopping 5 waves under my belt since May. Only saw a reaction from one of them that happened to drive up to my right side and give me a thumbs up at the same time I waved with the back of my right hand (a little awkward, but I'm learning).

Had a really nice Tesla moment yesterday evening. Due to some professional circumstances I had to park on the street in what is considered the worst neighborhood in town, it is the main immigrant neighborhood and many consider it very dangerous. It really isn't dangerous but it is not the best place to be after dark.

So I am sitting there when two children walk by and I can hear their agitated conversation:

"Look dude, that's a tesla. That's the coooolest car ever. who own's that? Have you seen it here before?"
"Nah, I don't know that car, but it's really awesome"

At this point they pass my window and notice me in the car, so I roll down the window and say: "Thanks for the nice word about my car, I love it".

15 minute conversation ensues about the car and the price tag and what job you need to get a tesla. I told them I worked in software and one kid looks at me and says: I'll work harder on math and computers now.

I sort of add that an education does not guarantee success but it does help if you combine it with hard work. My hope is that one of these kids will take advantage of our free college-education system and make a future for himself.

But I have to get going and I get a 4 kids-thumbs-up salute as I leave the parking lot.

I love reading these stories. I'm saving up for my Tesla and waiting for my current lease to expire next October. I keep going to the design studio and building the same car over and over again. I think I have a problem haha. Thank you all for the entertainment, can't say it makes the wait any easier though!

I had to park on the street in what is considered the worst neighborhood in town, it is the main immigrant neighborhood and many consider it very dangerous. It really isn't dangerous but it is not the best place to be after dark.

When I read this I expected this to be somewhere is an L.A. barrio, or the Bronx ... then I saw your location ... :frown: what are our countries turning into ...

I love reading these stories. I'm saving up for my Tesla and waiting for my current lease to expire next October. I keep going to the design studio and building the same car over and over again. I think I have a problem haha. Thank you all for the entertainment, can't say it makes the wait any easier though!

I'd say your only problem is you don't have the car yet. :)

Driving up the 280 to San Francisco on autopilot. Hands in lap, with fingers on wheel.
Car passes me in left lane with the passenger staring at me with the biggest knowing smile I have ever seen. Clearly, she was a fan, and knew all about what was happening with my car at that moment.
I gave her one of these: :wink::cool:

Last edited:
Did a 1k mile trip (mostly with autopilot) from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach. Lots of Tesla Time at the hotel, since we stayed at the Best Western that has two destination chargers. Turns out the owner, Jack, is a HUGE Tesla fan, and that's why he bought the chargers. He's actually never ridden in one, though, and was too busy for me to give him a joyride. But, it seemed like we were the favorite guests of the entire weekend, because EVERYONE knew we were the ones with the "cool car my boss can't stop talking about."

I also just had a dashcam installed, so going through and watching all the video of his coworkers taking pictures while we weren't there was funny.

On the way back, we were leaving Augusta and as we were getting on I-20, we got behind a van with a passenger who really, really wanted to see the car:

HeadOutOfVan.jpg

They wound up doing a full circle later and then sped off.

I got the biggest Tesla grin today in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I'm visiting and don't have access to a 240 outlet, so I'm making use of a HPWC just a few minutes down the road to charge each day. We drop off my car and then 2 hours later pick it car back. When we dropped off my car earlier, we noticed this yellow-orange Lamborghini Aventador and took a quick look at it while driving by without stopping. Fast forward two hours later and on the drive home, the Lamborghini races up slightly ahead of me and slowly allows me to pass. At first I thought I was being taunted to race, but I know better than that. The driver is paying so much attention to my car that he didn't notice a red light and we saw the flash of the red light camera go off. He repeats the long review of the car past the next light when I have to give it some go to pass him so I can get to the left turn lane. It felt awesome to safely pass a Lamborghini! When getting to the house, the ICE driver behind me said she saw the passenger holding up a cell phone while they were checking out my car. Cue the Tesla grin!!!!!!!!!

This is not the car I saw, but a stock image of the same one in the color I saw.
60d9d4424afd42111b48ec491cafbe78.jpg

Last edited:
On my way home from work today, the Fisker Karma I see frequently was stopped directly to my left. I had windows and pano open, and decided to get a couple of pics. The guy in a pickup stopped on my right yelled over, "Hey, you know what that is, right?" I replied that I did. I then asked, "You know what THIS is, right?" pointing to my car. "No, what is it?" he asked. Me, "A Tesla!" His response was simply, "OH S#@%!!!"