Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Caught uber from san francisco to san mateo yesterday and the driver said damn I am low on gas, and he zoomed into a huge chevron set up with the biggest mini-mart I've even seen, And I thought.......geez look at the size of this place followed by, dude fill your tank before you pick me up, followed by wow, its been almost 2 years since I've been in a gas station. :D

Caught uber from san francisco to san mateo yesterday and the driver said damn I am low on gas, and he zoomed into a huge chevron set up with the biggest mini-mart I've even seen, And I thought.......geez look at the size of this place followed by, dude fill your tank before you pick me up, followed by wow, its been almost 2 years since I've been in a gas station. :D

Agreed, such an odd feeling going to one nowadays. Do not miss it in the slightest bit.

Agreed, such an odd feeling going to one nowadays. Do not miss it in the slightest bit.
My P85 has been in the body shop for two and a half weeks - fender bender when I turned into a concrete pillar of a lamp post. My self-imposed punishment has been driving an ICE rental - Nissan Versa. I have been to a gas station twice. It just seems so primitive.

I won’t go into the driving dynamics except to say I get cut off a lot. It gets me from point A to point B. I just don’t feel nearly as safe. And the pricks cutting in front of me left and right in their much zippier cars? Realization - is that how I drive in my Model S? I will remember my experience in the puny Nissan.

And the pricks cutting in front of me left and right in their much zippier cars?
I am a bit of a poke butt so lots of times it seems like I am treated the opposite in the Tesla. All sorts of garbage just has to pass me and cut in front of me to show how relevant they are. I hope I make their day.:)

I am a bit of a poke butt so lots of times it seems like I am treated the opposite in the Tesla. All sorts of garbage just has to pass me and cut in front of me to show how relevant they are. I hope I make their day.:)
Now that you mention it: earlier this month I was driving home from the Denver Service Center on a long trip leg across South Park (near Fairplay). It was quite windy (common there) and I had never done this trip leg before in my S60 so I was taking it easy by sticking to the speed limit and keeping a sharp eye on my energy plot. I came to a stretch that is uphill and the two lane road has a passing lane for a mile or so. I stuck to the right lane to allow people who wanted to speed to pass easily (not that it isn't very easy on the two lane sections). A sporty sort of car pulled up to my left and revved the engine and accelerated quickly, and then fell back to parallel me several times in quick succession. The meaning was quite clear: he wanted to race me up the hill. Since I wasn't sure I how well I would make the next Supercharger Station in Poncha Springs (which was brand new — I was the second person to ever charge at it!) I stuck to the speed limit on cruise, as usual.

While it would have been fun to show him what my car will do going uphill, I preferred to just chill and make my next charging stop without any drama. I've had people want to race me at stoplights but this parallel lanes up a rather steep hill at 65 mph was a first for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy
Yesterday, on our way back home from the pictures, we got in a 3-way formation on an offramp of all blue Teslas. A brand new S (no plates yet) a slightly less new ☰ (with plates), and my rather dirty late summer 2016 X (not visible in it's own rear view camera). Ultimately, this is an "Only in Silicon Valley" moment.

We kind of jockeyed around for a mile or two, and a equally dirty black X joined the group just before the blue S & ☰ split off.

IMG_6010.jpg

The only time I've been around that many Teslas was at a supercharger or other Tesla facility. It's been notable the two times I've parked next to another Tesla in a parking lot.

I had a cool Tesla moment in the bank the other day. We had a bit of snow a couple of weeks ago. It snowed a couple of inches, but the temps were around freezing and it not only didn't stick to the roads, the rest of it was gone in about 24 hours. One of the tellers in the bank noticed my car when I got it because her father is a Tesla fanatic. She asked about how it handles in the snow. I told her this snow wasn't much, but last year's snow (which stuck around a few days) the car stayed planted on the road when the 4X4 trucks were skidding around. I didn't even have chains or snow tires, just the tires that came on the car.

I also told her about the insane cargo space (we got a twin mattress in the back when we took it to Goodwill). She asked about how good the sound system was. There was a note in her voice that this was the hail mary so she could hate something about the car. I told her I didn't have that much to compare it to because I went from a 1992 Buick to this, but I have the basic sound system and it sounds pretty good to me. I also noted that the car being so quiet helps too.

She sighed and made some comment about having to start saving for a Model 3.

There was another customer in the bank who I think was a Russian car guy. When I left I noticed he had a full sized Audi that looked less than 10 years old. He had a number of questions too and was impressed by the handling in snow, though he understood about the low center of gravity helping. He didn't have an accent, but I overheard his name and it sounded eastern European. There are a lot of guys in the Russian community who buy wrecked cars, rebuild them, then sell them. I know a few who do this and I've known of a few others.

I was at the grocery store earlier today and loading my groceries into the frunk. The last thing I put in was a large watermelon, then I shut the frunk. There was a guy getting out of the car next to me and he said “so how does that work? You just feed your car fruit to keep it going?”
"Ah, yes, when I'm just driving around town all I need is an apple or an orange. But for a long road trip I need to 'supercharge' with a watermelon." o_O

I was at the grocery store earlier today and loading my groceries into the frunk. The last thing I put in was a large watermelon, then I shut the frunk. There was a guy getting out of the car next to me and he said “so how does that work? You just feed your car fruit to keep it going?”

Had this exact experience 2 weeks ago ... except it was a case of beer. Perhaps my car has a problem ... “Flash, have you been drinking again?”

This a story about a "Spidey Car"

Used my reward when I traded my 85D for an S 100D to get a red radio flyer Tesla for our grandson's birthday. Grandson loves Spiderman and my wife said, "can you get your wrap guy to wrap it like Spiderman?"

Hats off to Brett Miller at All American Paint Protection Clear Bra Maryland / Paint Protection Film who worked with a friend who specializes in graphic designs like this - Brand it Wrap it - Brand It Wrap It, Custom Signs & Vehicle Graphics | Rockville, Bethesda, Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, Washington D.C. & Northern Virginia

Grandson is very happy:)

IMG_0207.JPG IMG_0208.JPG

PS You have to expand the second picture to see the web design on the rear

I sure hope nobody's Tesla was on this container ship:

:)

There is a long term ocean current study going on that started with a container full of Lego falling off a container ship. The container broke open and the Lego has been traveling the world's oceans since. Most of the pieces have washed ashore in England and there are beach-comer Lego collectors.

My latest "I guess I need to be more careful" Tesla Moment:
I had some friends come over take a ride/drive in my Model 3 and Model S. We had a great time driving around in the 3, and the acceleration was spirited, and it evoked a few oohs and aaahs. We then piled into the S. I warned the passengers that it was a bit more aggressive in the acceleration. I told everyone "heads back", then I punched it...unfortunately my friend in one of the back seats didn't hear me, and she didn't put her head fully back. After I floored it, all I heard was a scream and then I saw plastic parts flying around. Unfortunately I snapped her head back with enough force that it smashed her hair clip and it broke into multiple pieces! Fortunately she's fine (and the head rest is fine), but the hair clip, not so much. For the rest of the ride she sat there, frozen with her head glued back, afraid to even look from side to side. Ooops.

You should have told them you had a Mr Fusion in there. The Flux Capacitor needs a lot of juice! :)

• Funny
Reactions: hiroshiy
I brought in a box of candy to work and put a message on our Slack (chat) service to the effect of "Dark chocolate Sees candy in the snack area, come 'n' get it". We're a small but distributed organization, and there are a significant number of people who work outside of our main location. Obviously and unfortunately, the remote folks can't partake. Sure enough one of them sent out a reply, "If you really cared, you'd load the candy in your Tesla and send it out to me on autopilot. I'll wait."

Bruce.