Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Added to NASDAQ-100 Index Effective July 15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have thought that most of the buying for the indices would be complete by the time of the announcement. If you knew that fund managers had to buy it next week, you could easily load up and force them to pay an exorbitant amount. Instead, I'd imagine they are given a week or two to accumulate, and that accumulation is what took us from 115 to 120.

Because of this TSLA will be picked up by index funds that track the NASDAQ 100. This means that the stock will likely go up next week.
Will not wait till next week. Traders will accumulate anticipating that

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect this decision also says something about the next report. I strongly doubt that the Nasdaq would add a stock that will drag the index down two weeks later.

I have been tracking tsla since a price level of $36. I am an amateur by my own admission. This has been an incredibly steep learning curve. So far, I'm on the earn while you learn program. Go Tesla, I am having the time of my life.

No. Not at these valuations before a Q2 earnings that will show QoverQ substantial drop in earnings- there is no way to predict what the market will do with that imo

Just asking....So, it is your opinion that Q over Q earnings will see a drop? Many people (OK the TMC forum has lots of us pulling for TM) here feel the Q to Q will be up.

Just asking....So, it is your opinion that Q over Q earnings will see a drop? Many people (OK the TMC forum has lots of us pulling for TM) here feel the Q to Q will be up.

That's part of the problem. There's virtually no chance to beat last quarter earnings and yet the market may well be expecting this ala an Apple like performance. If we're real lucky they won't post a loss as they have very clearly forecasted. A small profit is the best we can see which will be MUCH less than last quarter profit, charting a shrinking profit level. We all know this is part of he necessary plan. But the market may well not see it that way. I would advise caution and resist over leverge of positions

Disclosure I'm long TSLA but have pulled back to core stock holding until after the report