Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Official Model 3 Delivery Estimator Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want the long range battery but not the $5k premium package. So I cannot select a preference yet because the "uncoupled" choice is not an option on the current "Delivery Estimate" webpage. I wonder why not, this is confusing.

Hopefully this isn't a repost, I didn't see this elsewhere or in the other thread (please lock/delete if so)

Tesla SSO - Login

Using my day1 #10 in line east coast reservation...

Mine is the same, I was something like 130-something or 140-something (I don't recall) in Dallas Texas, and I don't currently own a Tesla, I get the same date ranges (Nov 2017 - Jan 2018, Jan-Mar 2018, Sep-Nov 2018).

I want the long range battery but not the $5k premium package. So I cannot select a preference yet because the "uncoupled" choice is not an option on the current "Delivery Estimate" webpage. I wonder why not, this is confusing.
Elon said last year (soon after Reveal 1) that highly optioned models will be delivered first to help pay for the costs of development. Since they're not selling the AWD or Performance versions yet, they're offering the RWD with larger battery and PUP as the first ones out of the gate.

Interesting data point. I have 2 reservations, looks like I can get one of them pretty quickly, but the 2nd one is going to be waiting until the back of the line.

Reserved both in-store on the morning of 3/31/2016, North Houston service center, and I'm a Model S owner:

teslam3reservations.png

Looking at some of the dates posted here, it seems current Tesla owners get a one month advantage over non-owners for each of the three model versions (at least for Day 1 reservation holders on the West Coast).

Also, it looks like the same 3-month window is offered regardless of your US location if you reserved at around the same time:
Mine is the same, I was something like 130-something or 140-something (I don't recall) in Dallas Texas, and I don't currently own a Tesla, I get the same date ranges (Nov 2017 - Jan 2018, Jan-Mar 2018, Sep-Nov 2018).
My date ranges are the same as the above. I'm a Day 1 line-waiter non-owner in California. If they are still doing the West-to-East rollout, I assume I would get mine closer to the first month of each range, someone in Texas would get theirs around the middle month of each range and an East Coaster would get theirs around the last month?

I also have two reservations, in-store on the morning of 3/31/2016, and a Tesla Model S owner. I see the same thing on my account. Not sure how I feel about early 2019 for my second reservation. I don't see the benefit for the second $1,000 reservation.

Interesting data point. I have 2 reservations, looks like I can get one of them pretty quickly, but the 2nd one is going to be waiting until the back of the line.

Reserved both in-store on the morning of 3/31/2016, North Houston service center, and I'm a Model S owner:

teslam3reservations.png

teslam3reservations.png

I also have two reservations, in-store on the morning of 3/31/2016, and a Tesla Model S owner. I see the same thing on my account. Not sure how I feel about early 2019 for my second reservation. I don't see the benefit for the second $1,000 reservation.

I too, have 2 reservations, but own 2 teslas currently and both Model 3 reservations have the same delivery dates except for the dual motor, one is July-Sep and the other is Aug-Oct.
I think we're seeing that California destination cars will happen pretty early while further east in the US is further back in line.

Personally I think the October estimates are overly optimistic and we should be looking at Oct-Dec as really meaning Dec.

Are power seats standard? Are non-textile seats included in premium package?

I don't think we know the answer yet on the power seats for the textile (non-premium package). The premium has the non-textile (pleather?) seats and alcantara like fabric in other areas from what I could tell in some of the Model 3 ride videos.

Looks like black is our only choice right now as all the cars in the parking lot all had black interiors from what I could tell. White seats coming later this year as well.

I was late to the game and put my deposit down on 6/23/16 in the central time zone. I'm showing "first production" as a Mar-May 2018 delivery which is much earlier than I expected. It's actally way too early as I have a lease until June of 2019 but now I'm thinking if I take first production I might actually qualify for the $7.5k tax credit which I never thought I would.....

Might have to take them up on their offer of longer range and premium package to get that rebate!

Everything we know is here
Press Kit | Tesla

I noticed a nit: The press kit gives the vehicle width as "72.8” (76.1” with mirrors folded)" which is obviously incorrect.
Not clear if the numbers are just reversed, so the correct width is 76.1", or if one or the other number is just an error. My guess is that they are simply reversed. The Motor Trend article (linked elsewhere) lists the width a simply 72.8" without specifying whether or not that includes the mirrors.

I have two M3's booked, the first of which was done on March 31st in Indianapolis. I've since moved to California (and updated my address on MyTesla), but I found that all estimates had an "Early 2019" date. Is this a glitch?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 5.07.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 5.07.58 PM.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 58
Wanted to add my estimate based on a recent reservation as I didn't see many late ones.

Reservation made online 7/3/2017, current registered address on Tesla is Hawaii (but will likely move to CA sometime in 2018). Not an employee and not a current owner. The delivery estimates were earlier than I expected for the first production but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Because if it really did arrive before July than that potentially means I'd still be able to get the full tax credit.

First Production: Apr-Jun 2018
Standard Battery: Jul-Sep 2018
AWD: Dec 2018-Feb 2019

Model3_DeliveryEstimate_20170730.jpg

If you don't want AWD, maybe choose the second timefram? Then when your order time comes, you can still order the longer range battery without the premium package. I selected the AWD option but may reconsider once I am invited to configure since I don't want to wait until next July.

Wanted to add my estimate based on a recent reservation as I didn't see many late ones.

Reservation made online 7/3/2017, current registered address on Tesla is Hawaii (but will likely move to CA sometime in 2018). Not an employee and not a current owner. The delivery estimates were earlier than I expected for the first production but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Because if it really did arrive before July than that potentially means I'd still be able to get the full tax credit.

First Production: Apr-Jun 2018
Standard Battery: Jul-Sep 2018
AWD: Dec 2018-Feb 2019

View attachment 238635
I placed my reservation on 3/31/16 and my dual motor estimate is only a month before yours...:(
ij1obY.jpg

Trying to summarize the different ranges posted in this thread:
310_RWD 220_RWD AWD2018
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Aug-Oct (Employee)
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Aug-Oct (LineWait/Owner)
Oct-Dec Dec-Feb Jul-Sep (LineWait/Owner)
Nov-Jan Jan-Mar Sep-Nov (LineWait/Non-Owner)
Nov-Jan Feb-Apr Oct-Dec (LineWait)
Jan-Mar Mar-May Nov-Jan2019 (Online 3/31/2016)
Apr-Jun Jul-Sep Dec-Feb2019 (non-owner Jul 3 2017 reserve)

I find it interesting that they can have the same date range for the initial production, but then have different date ranges for the base models, and future AWD models.