Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Official Model 3 Delivery Estimator Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

eloder

Mar 12, 2015
Ohio, USA
Hopefully this isn't a repost, I didn't see this elsewhere or in the other thread (please lock/delete if so)

Tesla SSO - Login

Using my day1 #10 in line east coast reservation:

ceiPhM4.jpg

Because it's suppose to be the car for the "people" first? Instead of the supercar for the rich.. performance model, why not just get model S? :)
No Elon was originally estimating dual motors by the end of this year or early next year, not late next year.

Fully spec'd Model S is nearly $160k plus:
  • no mirror lights
  • no door pockets
  • no coat hangers
  • no keycard
  • poor cup holder placement
  • it's a really large car
  • it's much heavier.
  • not as nimble
  • costs more to run per mile
  • repair costs are higher
  • screen not as visible to passenger
  • less backseat headroom
  • decreased rear window visibility
  • higher dash leading to decreased forward visibility
  • pesky distracting instrument cluster right in my forward view. Who needs those anymore? ;)
  • physical buttons right in my view :eek:
As you can see, I've pretty much sold myself on the Model 3 already. haha

Last edited:
The reveal party has the Long Range cost at $44k. The estimator shows $49k. Why is there a price difference?

The Long Range and the First Production models are not the same.

First Production includes the premium ($5k) package and Long Range. The earliest cars can only choose paint, wheels, and software options for their car.

These will be uncoupled at some point in the future (presumably around the same time non-premium trims start on the standard model).

Mmm. I have 2 reservations - one based on a Model S, and one not.

They were placed within 5 minutes of each other, in store, early morning on March 31'st 2016.

Model-S based one:
upload_2017-7-29_13-58-14.png

Non Model-S based one:
upload_2017-7-29_13-58-25.png

I was hoping owning a prior Tesla would have given you a bigger advantage than just 1 month.

They were placed within 5 minutes of each other, in store, early morning on March 31'st 2016.

Model-S based one:
View attachment 238560

Non Model-S based one:
View attachment 238561

I was hoping owning a prior Tesla would have given you a bigger advantage than just 1 month.

The ramp rate is pretty quick. Not many will be delivered by November but all the day one reservations should be out by March. Would be hard to have that much difference.

Model-S based one:
View attachment 238560

Non Model-S based one:
View attachment 238561

The MS based one gets you as early as Oct. Do you want one of the 1500 built in Sep and help us work out the bugs? :D