Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla originally billed us $35 for checking air pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally bizarre. Thanks for the heads up on this. My neighborhood America's Tires is more than happy to have me come in every month to have my tires checked at NO COST. It's just good will on their part and, of course, when my Model 3 got a flat tire, that's where I went immediately. Keep us posted on whether Tesla credits you the $35.

I took delivery of our second Model 3 three weeks ago. After the delivery agent left my house I took the car for a drive and found the steering wheel binding, emitting a loud squeal when turned. They had me bring the car to the Marina Del Rey delivery center and they could not fix it so they made me an appointment for warranty service at the Van Nuys Service Center.

Tomorrow morning is my appointment and this afternoon I received a service estimate by email that includes diagnosing the steering wheel problem at no cost, but they are hitting me up for a $35 service charge for checking tire air pressure under the heading of California required pressure check.

This law that has been around since 2010, but Tesla appears to now be making this a new profit center. I did not have this fee when I brought my first Model 3 in for a software problem. Anyone else in California been hit up for this fee? This feels like a shakedown. I tried to call the Tesla service, but after being on hold for 15 minutes I gave up and hung up.

Tire Pressure Program
They deliver you are car that they must have known was not going to be acceptable. You have to take your time and go thorough the hassle of getting it repaired. Then they charge you for air in your tires. What a pathetic joke!

Totally bizarre. Thanks for the heads up on this. My neighborhood America's Tires is more than happy to have me come in every month to have my tires checked at NO COST. It's just good will on their part and, of course, when my Model 3 got a flat tire, that's where I went immediately. Keep us posted on whether Tesla credits you the $35.
I take it you didn’t read message from the op -

Tesla charging $35 for checking air pressure

It was easily resolved by just asking at the appointment.

I took delivery of our second Model 3 three weeks ago. After the delivery agent left my house I took the car for a drive and found the steering wheel binding, emitting a loud squeal when turned. They had me bring the car to the Marina Del Rey delivery center and they could not fix it so they made me an appointment for warranty service at the Van Nuys Service Center.

Tomorrow morning is my appointment and this afternoon I received a service estimate by email that includes diagnosing the steering wheel problem at no cost, but they are hitting me up for a $35 service charge for checking tire air pressure under the heading of California required pressure check.

This law that has been around since 2010, but Tesla appears to now be making this a new profit center. I did not have this fee when I brought my first Model 3 in for a software problem. Anyone else in California been hit up for this fee? This feels like a shakedown. I tried to call the Tesla service, but after being on hold for 15 minutes I gave up and hung up.

Tire Pressure Program
I know this sounds obvious, but why did they deliver you a faulty vehicle? That’s the first thing I’d want answered...