Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could we get a semi-private section on Plugshare for fellow Teslaites?

If you choose to list your residence, you can set the conditions (i.e., call first, Tesla-only, must bring a casserole, etc.).

For instance, on my listing, it says to call or message for access first. I could easily have said 'Tesla vehicles only'. I didn't, because I'm happy to give any EV owner a charge - but the option is there to limit who uses your charger.

Last edited:
If you've got an HPWC, you will definitely not get anybody other than Model S owners asking to use your charger - and fast-amp HPWCs are what people want to see most, so that works out well for everybody.

I've got a couple of 14-50 outlets, so I've had mine listed on plugshare for 2-3 years. I'd be happy to let any EV owner use them if they need it, but nobody has ever called. Of course it depends on the speed of your outlet as well as your location...there is a fair amount of infrastructure near me.

There are some other charging apps with some better features, but I like plugshare because they list all of the public chargers (or at least as many as they know about; no database has everything, but if you see something missing you can add it) AND give you the option of looking at private chargers. So far I've not used one either, but it's nice to know the option is there for when you really need it.

I've been registered on plugshare for 2 years. Never used it myself and only ever received one request...from a Prius owner who asked to park in my driveway (to save parking fee) while she went shopping, I said no.

Here in FL Larry has organized a state network as not everyone likes to publicize their address/phone#; it's kept in our community group section so that we can access it online but it's not visible to everyone else. I encourage at least other regional groups to do the same.

I have a 14-50 in Woodbridge, VA that I would be willing to share with a fellow MS owner. I don't know if I am comfortable giving out my info on PlugShare yet. I have to get more comfortable with the EV experience before I open up my home to complete strangers (that don't drive a MS :p).