Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think many people dig that deep into the forum. People are tempted to post in here because it's more front-facing. It took me a while to even notice those sub-sections existed when I first joined.
Sure, but there was a thread here before that was merge with the other one so that the discussions can be keep in one thread and not several threads.

For those of you who are new to this, they aren't going to invite tens of thousands of reservation holders to configure all at once. With the Model X, they sent invitations to configure in small batches. I think I was originally around 19,000 in line for a Model X and it still took several months before I got the invitation to configure.

At this time, I would think they would start small and send out 1000 or fewer invites. Based on the response, they might send out more invitations to configure several days or a week later. This not only helps prevent the website from being overwhelmed but also prevents people from getting their hopes up too soon. They don't want to send out tens of thousands of invites if it's going to take them several months to build that many cars.

For those of you who are new to this, they aren't going to invite 100,000 or more to configure all at once. With the Model X, they sent invitations to configure in small batches. I think I was originally around 19,000 in line for a Model X and it still took several months before I got the invitation to configure.

At this time, I would think they would start small and send out 1000 or fewer invites. Based on the response, they might send out more invitations to configure several days or a week later. This not only helps prevent the website from being overwhelmed but also prevents people from getting their hopes up too soon. They don't to send out tens of thousands of invites if it's going to take them several months to build that many cars.
As I have understand it your place in the queue depends on then you click the order button in the design studio and not your reservation numbers so if you are invited early but wait with configurate and order you will fall back in the queue. So by giving a few invitation they want fall back to long even if they take some days to decide. Another good thing is that with Tesla continues changes you probably don't want to configurate to long before production, what will happen before the production start? Now Tesla will probably don't changes as often on Model 3 to have a smoother production but I don't believe Tesla will go to model years.

If they only have capacity for "X" number of cars, then they aren't going to send out more orders than that. That's my guess

They may put out "X + y%" invites to account for those they estimate will defer to a later configuration. Or....they'll put out X invites, wait to see how many deferments they get, and do a 1-for-1 on future invites.

Reactions: IdaX and Shygar
My invite just arrived.

Reservation placed at the 3/31 Reveal event (prior to reveal). X owner.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.29.29 PM.png