Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read that the invite batch would go out every Tuesday. If true, we can expect another batch on 11/28.

If I recall right, there were two batches (around 9 am, and 12:30 pm, both Pacific) last Tuesday and one at 1:45 pm Pacific on Wednesday.

Accounting for this long holiday weekend at Tesla, am hoping that this will be a daily batch routine rather than a weekly thing. Looking forward to Monday...

50th In line before store opened 3/31 in San Diego, CA, original Sig owner, no e-mail as of today. Called Tesla and all my credentials are in order. I was told that my config email should come very soon (next week) and that they are being sent in batches. Still 4 weeks for production but he said add another 2 weeks for delivery, so 6 weeks from config to delivery. This last comment did not make sense to travel from Fremont to San Diego. Anybody else here this 2 week add on?

50th In line before store opened 3/31 in San Diego, CA, original Sig owner, no e-mail as of today. Called Tesla and all my credentials are in order. I was told that my config email should come very soon (next week) and that they are being sent in batches. Still 4 weeks for production but he said add another 2 weeks for delivery, so 6 weeks from config to delivery. This last comment did not make sense to travel from Fremont to San Diego. Anybody else here this 2 week add on?

More like 2 days...why would it take 2 weeks? My X only took two days to get to Costa Mesa from Fremont

Still 4 weeks for production but he said add another 2 weeks for delivery, so 6 weeks from config to delivery. This last comment did not make sense to travel from Fremont to San Diego. Anybody else here this 2 week add on?
If that's accurate, then there may not be many deliveries this year considering that, as I recall, Tesla shuts down between Dec. 23rd and Jan. 1st.

11-21-17: 17
Zythryn 4:02pm friend of a friends cousins grandpa in MN

Zythryn's friend is I, so its already accounted for, I was in line at the store in MN on 3/31, moved out to the bay area this summer. If your tracking the time to configure email came in at 6:14am PDT on 11/21. I had updated my info on myTesla shortly after getting here, when I was filling out the info during the config it still had my old address back in MN.

• Helpful
Reactions: Zythryn
Okay, yes, the factory shuts down (already been in contact with Tesla regarding that) but I don't how/whether that applies to the delivery centers.

I took delivery around Dec 21 last year, and they had so many cars at the service center ready for delivery it would have taken them all the way up to New Years to deliver them all. Also, they need to hit Q4 targets, so standard Tesla practice is to go hard up until the last day of the quarter.

My thought is the first few batches of configurations are for EOY deliveries.

Reactions: KJD
This year can be very different as the $7500 Tax Credit is at risk. If I cannot take delivery before EOY, I will probably wait for the P model as originally planned. (Or cancel and wait for the Roadster now. :))

I took delivery around Dec 21 last year, and they had so many cars at the service center ready for delivery it would have taken them all the way up to New Years to deliver them all. Also, they need to hit Q4 targets, so standard Tesla practice is to go hard up until the last day of the quarter.

My thought is the first few batches of configurations are for EOY deliveries.

Someone from the Northwest Owners Club got invited to configure their Model 3, they are not an employee.

Rumor: Non-Tesla Model 3 Configuration went out today • r/teslamotors

This is rumor level at this point but if true implies that Tesla owner configuration is coming very soon.

EDIT: Meant to say "configuration" beginning not deliveries.. my bad

If you've wondering, like me, what's up with AWD for the Model 3, this article includes a special section 2/3 of the way down, on electric car AWD: What’s the difference between four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive?

(This may wind up in a completely unintuitive place, but I can't quite figure out how to reply to a different convo on this thread.)

This year can be very different as the $7500 Tax Credit is at risk. If I cannot take delivery before EOY, I will probably wait for the P model as originally planned. (Or cancel and wait for the Roadster now. :))
Yeah...me also. If I'm not able to get the tax credit....I think I'll delay and see how things progress...quality, reliability, more options like AWD, P, HUD...or go a different model entirely...like Mission E or other.