Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the first invite to configure dated January 2013

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you know, we recently announced new pricing for Model S. This is our first price increase since unveiling Model S in 2009 and it is very important that we implement this in a way that recognizes those, like you, who already have a Model S reservation. Therefore, this price increase will not apply to you as long as you finalize your order within four weeks of receiving this "Invitation to Configure".

You do not need to wait four weeks. Your MyTesla configuration page has now been activated to receive your order. We are filling production slots every day based upon orders received. The sooner we receive your order, the sooner your Model S will be headed your way.

If you choose to configure and finalize your order by February 19, 2013, you will receive current Model S pricing. If you prefer not to configure your Model S at this time, no problem, your reservation will remain intact. However, when you configure your car and finalize your order at a future date it will be under the new pricing and options schedule.

We have designed tools to make it easy to configure your 2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year®. You can design your Model S and finalize your order from anywhere with an internet connection. All you need to do is complete the following steps:

• Finalize your design in MyTesla by clicking the Design button under My Garage.
• Once your Design is set, hit the red Finalize button. (Don't worry this does not lock in your order).
• You will be guided through 4 simple steps to Place your Order.
• Once you hit Place Order, paperwork will be created and emailed to you within one business day.
• When you receive your paperwork via email, click the big red Sign Paperwork button to review your documents.
• Digitally Sign your paperwork through DocuSign.
• If you added a Co-Buyer, they will need to sign paperwork as well (a 2nd email will automatically go to the co-buyer).
• You will then receive a countersigned copy of your paperwork within one business day.
We are always here to help. Throughout the ordering process, our Configuration Team will be your resource for information and to answer any questions you may have. You can reach us at [email protected] or 888.771.2505 for further assistance.

Let's get your award winning Model S on the road!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally took delivery end of April 2013.
BUT DON'T RUN AWAY......
The delay was due to Tesla wanting to get the 'Multi Coat Red' just right.

Reactions: seabie
I am starting to think tesla can not pull this off...starting to feel like a pawn in some crazy game ... just get the ramp up going let’s not divert attention with other fantasy products...seems we get thrown just enough crumbs to make us come back but never info on or 2030 I am so wanting to support tesla but all the delays and non information make it very very difficult

Last edited:
Reactions: Eclectic
Hang in there, lady!!!!

Haha, I’m a gentleman. GG are my initials. Thanks though.

Memories from five years ago for sure as I awaited my original S60 back then; it was initially scheduled for a November 2012 delivery and finally got delivered in January after Tesla put the 60 kWh manufacturing and delivery off to 2013.

I am starting to think tesla can not pull this off...starting to feel like a pawn in some crazy game ... just get the ramp up going let’s not divert attention with other fantasy products...seems we get thrown just enough crumbs to make us come back but never info on or 2030 I am so wanting to support tesla but all the delays and non information make it very very difficult
Arguably, this is still going better than the Model X launch...

Reactions: pdxrob and KJD
Maybe they only invite right before a holiday

Or maybe they want to create a clear distinction between those customers that will get their car before Jan 1 and those that won't. I think it would be bad for Tesla to create the impression that they might deliver a customer's car before Jan 1 and not (they have a long history of over-promising). I recall getting my invitation to configure/build my Model S September 5, 2012 and suffice it to say I assumed (hoped etc.) I would get the car before Jan 1st. It was not delivered until 5 months later...

Reactions: Big Earl
Or maybe they want to create a clear distinction between those customers that will get their car before Jan 1 and those that won't. I think it would be bad for Tesla to create the impression that they might deliver a customer's car before Jan 1 and not (they have a long history of over-promising). I recall getting my invitation to configure/build my Model S September 5, 2012 and suffice it to say I assumed (hoped etc.) I would get the car before Jan 1st. It was not delivered until 5 months later...

Pretty ballsy of them if that's the angle they're going for, because if they blow it with the ones they sent out, people are going to *sugar* bricks.

Arguably, this is still going better than the Model X launch...
2015-sales-chart-Dec-vfinal7-750x651.png

Definitely better!

From the first invite to configure dated January 2013

As you know, we recently announced new pricing for Model S. This is our first price increase since unveiling Model S in 2009 and it is very important that we implement this in a way that recognizes those, like you, who already have a Model S reservation. Therefore, this price increase will not apply to you as long as you finalize your order within four weeks of receiving this "Invitation to Configure".

You do not need to wait four weeks. Your MyTesla configuration page has now been activated to receive your order. We are filling production slots every day based upon orders received. The sooner we receive your order, the sooner your Model S will be headed your way.

If you choose to configure and finalize your order by February 19, 2013, you will receive current Model S pricing. If you prefer not to configure your Model S at this time, no problem, your reservation will remain intact. However, when you configure your car and finalize your order at a future date it will be under the new pricing and options schedule.

We have designed tools to make it easy to configure your 2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year®. You can design your Model S and finalize your order from anywhere with an internet connection. All you need to do is complete the following steps:

• Finalize your design in MyTesla by clicking the Design button under My Garage.
• Once your Design is set, hit the red Finalize button. (Don't worry this does not lock in your order).
• You will be guided through 4 simple steps to Place your Order.
• Once you hit Place Order, paperwork will be created and emailed to you within one business day.
• When you receive your paperwork via email, click the big red Sign Paperwork button to review your documents.
• Digitally Sign your paperwork through DocuSign.
• If you added a Co-Buyer, they will need to sign paperwork as well (a 2nd email will automatically go to the co-buyer).
• You will then receive a countersigned copy of your paperwork within one business day.
We are always here to help. Throughout the ordering process, our Configuration Team will be your resource for information and to answer any questions you may have. You can reach us at [email protected] or 888.771.2505 for further assistance.

Let's get your award winning Model S on the road!
Finally took delivery end of April 2013.
BUT DON'T RUN AWAY......
The delay was due to Tesla wanting to get the 'Multi Coat Red' just right.
Same here my first Model S 60 multi coat red April 2013.. ONE of the first off the line!

• Informative
Reactions: Snerruc
For those who configured for early S or X delivery during those previous productions hells, were you promised an estimated timeline for delivery upon configuration that was then missed by a large margin? If you were given a timeline, was it 4 weeks?

For those who configured for early S or X delivery during those previous productions hells, were you promised an estimated timeline for delivery upon configuration that was then missed by a large margin? If you were given a timeline, was it 4 weeks?
I completed my MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) on 10/7/2012, they left me in the dark for almost two months, then on 12/7 they quoted a delivery window of 12/15 - 12/31. They missed the window by two weeks.

VIN: 3305

Those were the EARLY days though...

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi