Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think to the extent possible, there's a lot of hand-picking going on for who gets the invites. So no heuristic or timing/prediction is possible.

They sent out a bunch last week. They're probably waiting to see who-configures-what to decide when and who they'll send out the next hand-picked batch. It's a black box just like the firmware updates. People will get the invite when they get the invite. Makes no sense to fret over not getting one. At least not yet, anyway.

Reactions: swaltner
I think to the extent possible, there's a lot of hand-picking going on for who gets the invites. So no heuristic or timing/prediction is possible.

They sent out a bunch last week. They're probably waiting to see who-configures-what to decide when and who they'll send out the next hand-picked batch. It's a black box just like the firmware updates. People will get the invite when they get the invite. Makes no sense to fret over not getting one. At least not yet, anyway.

Agreed :) It's hard though as $7,500 may be at stake!

(In my case, wife and I won't have a second car - given an end-of-lease situation on Dec 15th - so, that gets messy as well)

Agreed :) It's hard though as $7,500 may be at stake!

(In my case, wife and I won't have a second car - given an end-of-lease situation on Dec 15th - so, that gets messy as well)
The whole tax credit thing really makes it tough... a month ago I was biting my nails as an early (#20) line waiter. Now I've accepted that I will not get it this year (which REALLY sucks in my situation), and also means it's possible I won't get it at all.

I'm probably being naive here, but I think the odds of the tax credit disappearing on 12/31 are slim. It's in the current Senate draft bill, and has some supporters over there. If the current bill makes it through it's likely to be added back into the House bill via conference.

And this all assumes that a/the bill is actually passed by the end of the year. With the current admin batting .000, that's not a given.

So I'm definitely a little nervious, but I'm not losing sleep just yet. The much more relevant concern for me is timing my purchase before Tesla's usage of the credit gets halved.

I'm probably being naive here, but I think the odds of the tax credit disappearing on 12/31 are slim. It's in the current Senate draft bill, and has some supporters over there. If the current bill makes it through it's likely to be added back into the House bill via conference.

And this all assumes that a/the bill is actually passed by the end of the year. With the current admin batting .000, that's not a given.

So I'm definitely a little nervious, but I'm not losing sleep just yet. The much more relevant concern for me is timing my purchase before Tesla's usage of the credit gets halved.
Doesn't matter if it passes by 12/31, as it will most likely be retroactive to Jan 1 even if it passes later.

You're right about the tax credit possibly not being cut, but I'm no longer planning on getting it like I was before.