Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. I hope not. Poor location for travelers. Still holding out hope that these are internal use Superchargers only.
Definitely have had some conflicting messages on this but I guess essentially nothing really public has been released. It's possible that there will eventually be another larger, better situated Calgary location but they made a decision to use this one for the forseeable future as it is likely to be ready sooner than an alternate location.

Or sicamous?
You're right... Salmon Arm is almost equidistant from Kamloops and Revelstoke but the map shows the new Supercharger being closer to Revelstoke so Sicamous is likely it. I thought Salmon Arm would make more sense? I've never had range issues in that area not sure why the extra charger is needed there? I suppose if you are heading west down to Kelowna through Vernon you can "charge up" in Sicamous which makes sense actually.

You're right... Salmon Arm is almost equidistant from Kamloops and Revelstoke but the map shows the new Supercharger being closer to Revelstoke so Sicamous is likely it. I thought Salmon Arm would make more sense? I've never had range issues in that area not sure why the extra charger is needed there? I suppose if you are heading west down to Kelowna through Vernon you can "charge up" in Sicamous which makes sense actually.

Thank you for your time yesterday. Very informative for me. I checked out the thread of the wrap of your Blue S as well as the Alberta club. I just monitor the Western Canada Superchargers and the Alberta Owners fora.

Regards ......

Thank you for your time yesterday. Very informative for me. I checked out the thread of the wrap of your Blue S as well as the Alberta club. I just monitor the Western Canada Superchargers and the Alberta Owners fora.

Regards ......
Probably @gpetti you're thinking about. We are practically identical twins so I understand how you can mistake me for him :)

• Funny
Reactions: Lon12
Probably @gpetti you're thinking about. We are practically identical twins so I understand how you can mistake me for him :)
Lol! Yeah, but we're not so much identical twins as more like Laurel and Hardy!

The thread was probably mine. I think I have an old thread about my first wrap.
Had a subsequent conversation with @YYC-S85D! Nice talking to you!

Speaking of wraps... I'm very excited with the early visuals of my car being wrapped in an Xpel Stealth (Matte/satin version of Xpel Ultimate) by Protex Refine auto. A couple of pictures here as I think the comparison between the wrapped pieces and the non-wrapped pieces is very illustrative of how a matte wrap affects the look, colour and reflection properties of the car. Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm pretty happy with it. Come summer the wheels will be matte black too. Still not sure if I will do any chrome delete work.
IMG_8449.JPG IMG_3773.JPG IMG_1325.JPG

Speaking of wraps... I'm very excited with the early visuals of my car being wrapped in an Xpel Stealth (Matte/satin version of Xpel Ultimate) by Protex Refine auto. A couple of pictures here as I think the comparison between the wrapped pieces and the non-wrapped pieces is very illustrative of how a matte wrap affects the look, colour and reflection properties of the car. Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm pretty happy with it. Come summer the wheels will be matte black too. Still not sure if I will do any chrome delete work.
View attachment 216012 View attachment 216013 View attachment 216014
I think that is going to look amazing. While I've always "kind of" liked the matte paints I've never really wanted to do a full matte wrap but with the Xpel product being essentially the same as a standard translucent wrap - only in matte rather than glossy, the protection benefits are still there and because it's transparent you get the actual paint color showing through so it isn't a fake color. Also I can't see the maintenance being any more onerous - a dirty car is a dirty car in matte or glossy. Great choice.

View attachment 216012 View attachment 216013 View attachment 216014
Beautiful! Can't wait to see your range numbers with the 100!

Purchased our CPO S85 from Calgary end of Oct last year. Posting some of our data recorded with the Teslafi website in regards to our usage during the cold Alberta months.

Temperature Efficiency - Drives Over 50 Kilometers

TemperatureWh/kmEfficiency %Kilometers Recorded
-40 to -30 C342.3254.9204.79
-30 to -20 C325.02 582493.92
-20 to -10 C289.64 65.13205.13
-10 to 0 C258.22 72.96691.11
0 to 10 C 243.47 77.13927.85