Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in British Columbia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another thing in today's announcement:

"In addition to $6 million for purchase incentives, the CEV Program will receive $890,000 for further investments in programs under development to expand public and residential charging infrastructure and encourage fleet purchases of CEVs."

I wonder what the details of this will include? might there be any rebates for home charger installation?

another thing in today's announcement:

"In addition to $6 million for purchase incentives, the CEV Program will receive $890,000 for further investments in programs under development to expand public and residential charging infrastructure and encourage fleet purchases of CEVs."

I wonder what the details of this will include? might there be any rebates for home charger installation?

Probably not if your home is worth more than $77,000.

I hope it would be on the front licence plate? After all it's for the HOV enforcing officers to look at, right?

Hmm applying for the decal now, but where do we stick the decal? on the rear windshield?

- - - Updated - - -

Then I'd rather not take HOV if this is the case :rolleyes:

to add insult to injury to Tesla owners, imagine if the decal is actually one of those magnetic ones, just like ICBC's "L" and "N" signs

Looks like the 77k cap is effectively immediately.... totally sucks as I placed my order factoring in the 5k rebate. Would have bought a used one if it wasn't for the rebate I thought I would get, not.... arghhh.
I think I'd go to my local MLA's office and request (demand) a short face-to-face on the issue. They should rightfully allow the rebate to those who can show their order was made prior to the announcement. It's not like you can order a Tesla in the morning and take delivery that afternoon.

And perhaps while you're there, you could get your MLA to explain how keeping Tesla buyers out of the rebate program makes it better... the luxury PST rate of 10% pulls in money even after the $5k rebate... a cheaper EV at 7% tax is a net cost to the government. Encouraging people to buy Teslas with the $5k rebate would actually help to fund the rebate program.

The more I ponder this, the more my eyes hurt from rolling around in my skull...

Hmm applying for the decal now, but where do we stick the decal? on the rear windshield?

I emailed asked that very question here is the response.

Hello Don:

Thank you for inquiry. The regulation states that to be eligible to access a HOV lane the owner of an electric motor vehicle must display a permit, in the form issued by the Minister responsible for the administration of the Transportation Act, on the vehicle's rear bumper or rear window. The decal must be clearly visible to law enforcement, but the regulation does not specify that it has to be permanently fastened to the vehicle.

Regards,

Jessica Ling, BA (hons.), MPA
Policy Analyst
Transportation Policy Branch
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Telephone: (250) 356-5306
Email: [email protected]

Lets hope its the same size as shown on the application form and that it can go on the rear window glass.

I saved the picture from the website, then printed it in colour on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper that I will tape inside my back window before going downtown until the real sticker arrives. Using electrical tape, it's easy to take on and off and it only needs to be on when using the HOV.

I saved the picture from the website, then printed it in colour on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper that I will tape inside my back window before going downtown until the real sticker arrives. Using electrical tape, it's easy to take on and off and it only needs to be on when using the HOV.
:) Nice idea. I hear the Ministry of Transportation expects a quick turn around to get these in the hands of EV owners.

In the meantime, feel free to re-tweet this please.

MSRP cap not fair. Costly CleanTech needs incentives to make people leap into an EV. Don't prevent, it pays forward!

Tesla Owners Club BC on Twitter:

in response to CEV for BC @CEVforBC
Any #cleanenergy vehicle with MSRP over $77,000 is no longer eligible for the @CEVforBC incentive, effective March 2, 2016 @NCDA_BC