Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla radically expands Early Access Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, my understanding is that it's for those like myself who fronted up for FSD at point of purchase before Feb. 28th.

This expansion of EAP is also a hopeful sign that the HW3 retrofit will happen relatively early for us, in order to keep things early!

Reactions: DDotJ
The title of this thread is misleading and almost implies that there was some kind of major technical breakthrough requiring more testers. In reality, the Early Access Program is just being used as a sink for backlash over their recent AP product pricing ripoff.
I beg to differ. Look at sentry mode and the 4.8% rollout. I would be willing to put a dollar amount on how much I would want to be in that group. Being stuck on the tail end of a rollout already means you can be 2-3 months trailing when others get a new feature. That matters to me as a Tesla customer.

Reactions: S100D and jowaldo
I beg to differ. Look at sentry mode and the 4.8% rollout. I would be willing to put a dollar amount on how much I would want to be in that group. Being stuck on the tail end of a rollout already means you can be 2-3 months trailing when others get a new feature. That matters to me as a Tesla customer.

I am curious how much Early Access is worth.

I admit I spent way more time than is rational refreshing things like TeslaFi or TMC when a new feature is released.

I imagine if I added up all that time it would exceed $3K.

Now hopefully I'm an outlier, and that no one else is as nutty as I am.

If I get the HW3 upgrade soon, and the SW releases within the first 5% then I'll be pretty happy. I'll also be pretty happy if I can have an actual communication with an engineer when there is a problem. So I can clearly communicate (in an email) what the problem is, and have it fixed. As it is now I don't even bother sending anything since I doubt it would get read or looked into.

I hope your attitude represents a majority as the last thing the company needs at this point is for the majority of their early adopter-evangelists to turn on them. I did “overpay” for EAP on one of my 2 Teslas and that’s all I’ve spent on the two upgrades, but even if I was out a lot more money I am much more concerned about the company surviving than any personal “rip-off” by the company. It would be swell if my S and 3 became expensive paperweights.

Maybe my concern is not merited but the developments of the past week suggest to me that Tesla is at a pivotal point in its long term future and the outcome is far from certain.

Reactions: chillaban