Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla recalls 2 million vehicles to limit use of Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find when on a curve in the road the nags stop. Returns when the road straightens out. No?
The post I was responding to claims it does not (and that he hopes it did). I haven't really paid much attention myself to be certain, but I generally don't have nag problems, unlike other people.

I have however used the technique I talk about on straighter roads for sure (I drive with two hands so they tend to like to cancel each other out in torque) and it works (just as the wiggle or one hand technique does).

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
This is almost comical. I've never seen so many updates in such a short period of time. :)
It is the confluence of the holiday update and two recalls. (And there are double the number of updates because there are two different trees for different hardware configurations.)

It appears that 2023.44.30.5.1 is the fix for 2023.44.30.2, while 2023.44.30.6 is the fix for 2023.44.30.4.

Mines on my home Wi-Fi, but haven’t seen an update since 12/3. Still running 2023.44.1.

I could force it but things are changing daily. I’m waiting for 2023.44.30.9 to come out.
I’m in my parking garage right now, with my car tethered to my phone, downloading 44.30.5.1.

I hope it doesn’t introduce any more (minor impact) bugs that 27.X did.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Experienced several hours driving MY on basic autopilot with interior camera on 44.30.1. I was playing with it for a while to see if I could get the DMS to do anything - I couldn't. The rate of nags seemed inconsistent at best and not related to where I was looking. A couple hours into the drive it just got angry for some reason, red hands - tug on wheel, a few seconds later the same thing. Repeat 3-4 times, and autopilot strike. What the actual F....

While I was pondering what just happened I just thought to myself, how is it safer now that I have to steer instead of autopilot if autopilot is safer? Then I remembered what I posted on here like 7 years ago - the nag is about liability not safety. If it was about safety there would be DMS while NOT on autopilot.

Experienced several hours driving MY on basic autopilot with interior camera on 44.30.1. I was playing with it for a while to see if I could get the DMS to do anything - I couldn't. The rate of nags seemed inconsistent at best and not related to where I was looking. A couple hours into the drive it just got angry for some reason, red hands - tug on wheel, a few seconds later the same thing. Repeat 3-4 times, and autopilot strike. What the actual F....

While I was pondering what just happened I just thought to myself, how is it safer now that I have to steer instead of autopilot if autopilot is safer? Then I remembered what I posted on here like 7 years ago - the nag is about liability not safety. If it was about safety there would be DMS while NOT on autopilot.
Did you try to use single hand drive or one hand with more down presssure and the other hand just resting on the wheel to make the wheel have more torque on one side? And did you scroll the speed dial up/down to counter the nag?

I just got a notice for 2023.44.30.5.1 o my Model Y. Installing now.

Got a long trip coming up and looking forward to seeing more info on the display (accidents, police, etc)
Same for my '23 MY - exactly one week after getting 2023.44.1. Looking back, most of my updates have been coming on Saturdays. I don't know if that is coincidence or not.