Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Digging around a bit on TeslaFi, I can't help but wonder if the 2021.24.x simply isn't for vision only models. I took delivery of my vision only M3LR on 6/6 (no FSD). I don't remember the original version but it updated in early August to 2021.4.21.3, where it sits now. Not in any huge hurry. Love my Tesla on just about any version.

Reactions: MBx4 and St☰v☰
I took delivery of my Model 3 two days ago and it's on version 2021.3.106.5 (and telling me it's up to date). I'm not sure why a car would come from the factory with software that old.
2021.3.10x versions aren't old and 106.5 is probably from the past week or two, but it doesn't have any of the new features besides full vision with increased operating limits. For whatever reason, cars delivered since mid-June come with these .3. versions that parallel the later .4. versions in some ways (if you look in the version history, you'll probably see some stuff from the .4. versions listed). The working theory is that these cars have oddball chips in them from the IC shortage and so aren't compatible with the updates until they get merged into those branches. It looks like people with 2021.3.104 are getting updated to 2021.4.18 and up, but not to the 2021.12. or 2021.24. releases. No one with 2021.3.105 has reported getting an update and the oldest instance of that version that I know of is now 44 days after delivery.

Hopefully, it is a one time merge processes and not a situation where they have to maintain a separate branch forever and merge in all the updates special for us. I would hate to be stuck with a second class Teslas always two months behind the non-IC shortage era cars.

Alternatively, these may just be all the non-radar cars and they haven't introduced the various new features for any non-radar cars. A lot less concerning if that's the case, but I feel like a lot of people are have claimed they are vision only cars with the latest update.

Reactions: mdgo
2021.3.10x versions aren't old and 106.5 is probably from the past week or two, but it doesn't have any of the new features besides full vision with increased operating limits. For whatever reason, cars delivered since mid-June come with these .3. versions that parallel the later .4. versions in some ways (if you look in the version history, you'll probably see some stuff from the .4. versions listed). The working theory is that these cars have oddball chips in them from the IC shortage and so aren't compatible with the updates until they get merged into those branches. It looks like people with 2021.3.104 are getting updated to 2021.4.18 and up, but not to the 2021.12. or 2021.24. releases. No one with 2021.3.105 has reported getting an update and the oldest instance of that version that I know of is now 44 days after delivery.

Hopefully, it is a one time merge processes and not a situation where they have to maintain a separate branch forever and merge in all the updates special for us. I would hate to be stuck with a second class Teslas always two months behind the non-IC shortage era cars.

Alternatively, these may just be all the non-radar cars and they haven't introduced the various new features for any non-radar cars. A lot less concerning if that's the case, but I feel like a lot of people are have claimed they are vision only cars with the latest update.
I took delivery of M3 LR Vision 2 weeks ago and still don't have the new software version. I would like someone that has the vision model and has received the update to chime in

Reactions: CapinWinky
24.4 moves status icons (headlights, fogs, seatbelt, etc) from their designated spot on the right column up to the top of the screen right under the "D" indicator. Seems a little crowded now, will check the new position of all icons on start-up when getting in the car later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Transformer

I'm on 2021.3.104 (that's what the car came installed with) and 0 updates since taking delivery 29 July.

Reactions: CapinWinky