Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases New Yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it just brings up the camera display when you press it. I suspect the intention was to make bringing up the front facing camera more easily, but since Tesla seemingly decided not to roll that feature out to anything but the cybertruck, the button just seems oddly placed.

Marginally more useful probably would have been for it to function as a dashcam trigger. Or just make it completely customizable.
I would think a pedestrian horn would be a good use. You're in the parking lot and want to let someone walking know you're behind then without blasting the horn.

• Love
Reactions: sorka
I am used to riding a motorcycle, where the horn and turn signals are on the bars. Pretty easy to use the Yoke.

Believe Tesla is doing a pretty good job with their Yoke refresh. Center horn button will be appreciated by many, and better buttons will help as well. Late last year I noticed the finish on my yoke was pealing off on an edge. Service offered me to either have it replaced with another under warranty, or that they were working on an improved yoke, and I could wait for that if I chose. Said they would only do a one time free warranty replacement, and that made sense to me.

Tesla has a policy of continous improvement, and implements running upgrades when they become available. Most are not freely added to all the older cars, but results in their new cars getting better and better. Now S&X are offered with both Yoke and Round Wheel on new cars. Buyer can configure the way they wish.

Offering free replacements to those who qualify seems generous to me.

For me, the Yoke makes my X feel special, every time I take it out. I have gotten used to it, and have no problem with the buttons. It really opens up the interior view and leg room. It has paved the way for the new generation of variable steering on the CyberTruck as well.

I understand, as well, that many will prefer to stay with a traditional steering wheel, but for me, the new yoke looks like the future.

I am used to riding a motorcycle, where the horn and turn signals are on the bars. Pretty easy to use the Yoke.

I too spent decades riding bikes but for me it wasn't the same. With a motorcycle, the bars never turn more than a few degrees and your fingers are around the grips on exactly the same location with the thumb sitting next to the horn button 100% of the time. That horn button was always a physical button too. The yoke is entirely different. Button isn't physical and the wheel is often doing multiple turns with hand over hand in the situations you're most likely to need the horn.

It already does.
I know the 24s have the horn in the center. I'm wondering if one were to have their wheel replaced under warranty if they would get the new one. I have a 23 and the heating is just inconsistent/weak. I'm taking it in to have them look at it and requested that, should it require, they replace the wheel with the new one.

I know the 24s have the horn in the center. I'm wondering if one were to have their wheel replaced under warranty if they would get the new one. I have a 23 and the heating is just inconsistent/weak. I'm taking it in to have them look at it and requested that, should it require, they replace the wheel with the new one.
Yes. They will no longer offer wheel or yoke replacements with the haptic horn button.

I wonder would they replace it with the new one if there's no damage in the original.

My guess is a firm no. Your best bet is to pull articles quoting Elon's promise that late 2021s already had the center airbag horn. If you bought after that promise, you could claim that you only bought the car because they said the car had the center horn already and you're asking them to execute on that promise. If you have an S prior to November of 2021, that tactic may not work.

Other thoughts are approaching them from a safety standpoint and claim the car isn't safe since you can't reliably get to the horn in an emergency situation.

Last edited:
I meant i Pais the car $107,000 .

The yoke is peeling almost immediately. Tesla service said that they will not keep replacing a defective yoke with another defective yoke. That's why they say only ONE time replacement.. otherwise it will be endless replacements from everyone.

Taking in the car also for squeaks on back seats, and drunk not opening in the front , I have to close it again and the open from phone

I meant i Pais the car $107,000 .

The yoke is peeling almost immediately. Tesla service said that they will not keep replacing a defective yoke with another defective yoke. That's why they say only ONE time replacement.. otherwise it will be endless replacements from everyone.

Taking in the car also for squeaks on back seats, and drunk not opening in the front , I have to close it again and the open from phone
Sounds like breach of warranty to me. Not a lawyer, maybe one can chime in? However, the remedy would be either timely repair, or they would be financially responsible for loss of enjoyment of the warranted product. Could always file with your state for non-compliance.