Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla saying my warranty is voided due to my wrap on my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my car wrapped for about 4 months now and my left driver side camera started falling out due to one of the clips breaking off, requested for mobile service and they said my warranty is voided is this true? Because from what I’ve read your warranty shouldn’t be voided if you get your car wrapped. I live in Canada so maybe the warranty rules are different.

Or hot glue it back on.
Duct tape can fix anything.

IMG_3316.jpeg

I think Tesla considers the cameras a "one time use" item. If you remove it from the car, then you have to put a new one back on. Companies doing wraps try to carefully remove the cameras so they can be reused, but that doesn't always work and the tabs break...

I would talk to your wrapping company. I think the cameras only cost about $130 USD, so it isn't too expensive...

I wouldn't use hot glue. It would take carnage to get it off again.

Get some 3M "super hold" or something. Double sided rubber 'tape'. Comes in a blister pack with RED backing. It is incredibly tacky stuff but the rubber will give up if you pull on it hard enough. A half inch of it cut in three would be twice as much as you need to hold the camera.

In fact, less than a half inch /3 is probably a good idea. Less work getting rid of the leftovers if it has to come off.