Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla screwed us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(moderator note)

Please direct further pricing discussion to the sticked thread, which can be found here:

================================

This massive price reduction just tanked our resale values.

I can now purchase a performance model for less that the October 2021 pricing.

I am so mad and yet I am still better off than the people who only purchased in the last 6 months.

Never seen a company discount a new car this much.

With trucks, pre covid, you would always see up to $10,000 sales.

But an SUV.

They completely fooked us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up mine Aug 22' and I remember being so psyched to get my vehicle. I also remember thinking that my car increased in value as I drove it off the lot because Elon had raised prices and the 8mos waiting period that most of us endured. I remember when I was excited to get an Austin build even though I lived in Colorado, I thought I got lucky. I knew my increased value was not going to be sustainable for too long but not in a million years did I think I would wake up and my car would decrease in value by 15-20k. Carvana just quoted me 41k for my 22' MY with 9k miles on it. I'm lost for thoughts on this, should I expect Tesla to make this right? Do I reach out and make sure my voice is heard? Does Elon really give a fu$k about me? Glad OP got this discussion going, thanks!

Thank you for starting a new thread on this topic, I can't believe nobody is talking about this already.

This depends on how active a particular subforums mod is, and how much work they want to put into managing something like this. I am only allowing (1) thread in the model 3 subforum on this topic for example, but have to basically be camped out here to move various threads to that one.

I am so mad and yet I am still better off than the people who only purchased in the last 6 months.

But an SUV.

Get even with them and buy another one!!!!!!!

I picked up mine Aug 22' and I remember being so psyched to get my vehicle. I also remember thinking that my car increased in value as I drove it off the lot because Elon had raised prices and the 8mos waiting period that most of us endured. I remember when I was excited to get an Austin build even though I lived in Colorado, I thought I got lucky. I knew my increased value was not going to be sustainable for too long but not in a million years did I think I would wake up and my car would decrease in value by 15-20k. Carvana just quoted me 41k for my 22' MY with 9k miles on it. I'm lost for thoughts on this, should I expect Tesla to make this right? Do I reach out and make sure my voice is heard? Does Elon really give a fu$k about me? Glad OP got this discussion going, thanks!
Elon is responsible for building cool cars rockets and some other gadgets, His real genius is marketing. I have said this many times. We all have cool cars,I have two, they only loose value if you sell them. (Kinda like the stock market)

Go to Tesla store and fight!!!
My nearest Tesla store is 3+ hrs, won't be harassing them anytime soon. I think Tesla sucks right now, can't believe I've been supporting this crappy company. I have no choice but to keep my car but I am no longer a Tesla fan. I can't believe I own a car that I totally dislike the company and what they stand for. I was an early supporter of Tesla, I got on M3 list just to help boost them, figured the larger the wait list, the better it looks for investors. I was always on Tesla's side for all EV arguments. I'm done! Go to Hell Elon and take Twitter with you.

But an SUV.

I'm sorry you were forced to buy a car during the difficult period of supply v demand where prices were increased to fatten margins.

I'm sorry you were forced to buy a car during the difficult period of supply v demand where prices were increased to fatten margins.
Who said anything about being forced to buy a car you muppet! This is supposed to be a forum of Past, present and future Tesla owners. We are all in this together. If you cant support, advise or listen to what others have to say, please leave this group. Making sarcastic comments does nothing but pizz people off. But then again, there are people out there who live for that. I feel sorry for them. They just need a good therapist to help them be better people.

Who said anything about being forced to buy a car you muppet! This is supposed to be a forum of Past, present and future Tesla owners. We are all in this together. If you cant support, advise or listen to what others have to say, please leave this group. Making sarcastic comments does nothing but pizz people off. But then again, there are people out there who live for that. I feel sorry for them. They just need a good therapist to help them be better people.

This is basically "if you dont agree with me on my complaint, go away"... you realize that, right?

Ever hear of a Tech Bubble? This is what has happened to Tesla. For a period of time it was the only real EV game in town and everyone was high on Tesla and, as a result, prices went sky high based on basic supply and demand, and a little Tesla greed. And as was the case with Dot-Coms, the housing crash, and the many currently overpriced items we see due to shortages, the bottom falling out was, unfortunately, inevitable.

Reactions: brainhouston

But an SUV.

seeing as I bought my 21 Y for less than even that, I would say the same thing I tell homeowners when their value drops....If you werent going to sell it right now then it doesnt matter LOL.

Reactions: tangible1
Not sure why you think I was trying to flip it. I have already drive over 10,000 miles in it.
Tesla's price reduction has impacted a lot of people in this forum. I bet a lot of people are now underwater. Not me, but I bet a lot of people are.
Only way you are underwater is if you sell it or are selling right now...OR if you live in Northern cali lol

Status
Not open for further replies.