Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla screwed us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for another price drop before i get a Model Y. Maybe after march =P
Ha ha ha, yeah, no. The reason it was so big is so everyone would know this is it for a while, you can be comfortable buying. The next price drop is gonna be, like they said on the Electrek podcast, timed to clear inventory before the introduction of the refreshed 3/Y with the new front and rear designs, maybe next year or so.

I'm still waiting for another price drop before i get a Model Y. Maybe after march =P
I see inventory levels in Canada creeping up again so you may actually see another drop. We don't have tax credit considerations but still saw the 21% drop on MYLR.
Inventory of cars in the US above the qualifying limit are also sitting around so maybe they will drop the price a little more to allow another option or two to be added without going over the qualifying limit.

I guess a lot will depend on what happens to the credit in March and what inventory levels do. Has it even be confirmed that Tesla will qualify for the 1st $3750? Seems they won't qualify (nor will anyone) for the 2nd $3750. Unless the rules are changed.

Only way you are underwater is if you sell it or are selling right now...OR if you live in Northern cali lol
I'm not sure I can agree. I'm going to make my *first* payment this month. I owe much more now than if I bought bought it today. Seems the definition of upside down. I'm bummed, but I also understand business. I'll feel better if the stock goes up over this.

I'm not sure I can agree. I'm going to make my *first* payment this month. I owe much more now than if I bought bought it today. Seems the definition of upside down. I'm bummed, but I also understand business. I'll feel better if the stock goes up over this.
Well honestly I would be bummed too...However you bought something at an agreed price and knew the payment for that...Plus unless you had planned to sell immediately, then there is no real loss.

I look at it this way....
If ya bought in December you got Lots of Supercharging miles and 7500 off MSRP. ( and EAP at 1/2)

I bought in March 2021...I got 1k supercharging miles and 0 off MSRP. (50k) (no EAP available)

If ya buy now, ya get ok price and 7500 rebate likely. (53k)

Either situation you make a decision on the now, not the yesterday or tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.