Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sends out delivery delay emails

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go. Dancing with words and presumptions.

And when they miss the 5000 target I will be reminded that Tesla only said they "Expected" to hit 5000/week some time late in the first quarter. <------- Absolutely non definitive...we've played that game before and are playing it now.

"The company said it planned to produce "about 10% fewer" units of its Model S and Model X models in the fourth quarter and reallocate resources to the Model 3, its newest. Tesla expects to hit a Model 3 production rate of 5,000 vehicles a week by late in the first quarter of 2018."

Lets watch the TMC confidence poll concerning delays. (I'm actually shocked). Is this the last major Model 3 delay
So you believe they will follow the original ramp up estimates, just three months later?

Did you believe the dates? or Do you believe the dates? Or both?

When I first got the dates back at the end of July I assumed I'd get the car in December, or just maybe at the very end of December. Now I feel there's still a chance I could get it in January (since I'm among those first in line after employees), but no earlier and quite possibly later. So having a Nov-Jan estimate seems silly.

If many Americans bail out, we might see it late summer in Europe. :)

I haven't seen anyone outside of US saying their delivery window has been pushed. It still says Late 2018 for me (Eastern Europe).

I may be naive/too optimistic, but I think the international deliveries might not be affected by this delay at all. Probably main reason for 2H 2018 international deliveries are legals and logistics, not the actual ramp. Before the delay we had a situation in which people outside of US who also reserved on 1st day would get their cars way way later than Americans who reserved later. E.g. an European who was number 50k in global line would actually get car number 100k. With the ramp delay this might no longer be the case. The same European might now get car number 75k.

This might mean that some late US reservation holders might get "punished" twice, one for ramp up delay, second for Europeans "cutting in".

Or is it just wishful thinking? :)

I received my notice last night and went to my reservation clicked on a button to see used cars and was taken to Tesla's used car web site.
Normally there are only 4 or 5 used model S'es listed but last night there were 8 or 9 dozen listed and I spotted one I wanted more info on but this morning the listing were all gone and back to the 4 listings max. Is there a web site that lists all of tesla's used cars nation wide?

Bolts are pretty nice! And readily available. Not quite the cachet of a Tesla but there's a lot to like.

In functional concept, certainly. But, have you actually seen one!?!? :eek: Wondered how many clowns would pour out!! :rolleyes: (old guy circus reference)

I don't think it will be far off for GM to take the technology/powertrain and put a non-cartoonish body on top, and maybe even add a navigation system. There isn't one on-board now. We looked.

I received my notice last night and went to my reservation clicked on a button to see used cars and was taken to Tesla's used car web site.
Normally there are only 4 or 5 used model S'es listed but last night there were 8 or 9 dozen listed and I spotted one I wanted more info on but this morning the listing were all gone and back to the 4 listings max. Is there a web site that lists all of tesla's used cars nation wide?

ev-cpo.com

Interesting that the Model 3 production delay was announced now after the contract for the 100 megawatt battery system in South Australia was awarded to Tesla after Elon promised they would deliver it within 100 days or give it to them for free. How many individual battery cells are required for a 100 megawatt battery?

Interesting that the Model 3 production delay was announced now after the contract for the 100 megawatt battery system in South Australia was awarded to Tesla after Elon promised they would deliver it within 100 days or give it to them for free. How many individual battery cells are required for a 100 megawatt battery?
Australia project is using Samsung cell and the production delay has to do with battery pack assembly not battery cell.

They would stop delivering powerwall's if that was the case.

So you believe they will follow the original ramp up estimates, just three months later?
No, Just the opposite. I believe Tesla will miss mark after mark. That's my point.

In 3 months when they miss their mark I will point it out.....and then folks will start dancing with words such as:

"Tesla just Planned on making 5000/week....they didn't DIFINITIVELY say anything.....
or Tesla just said somewhere around the end of the 1st quarter 5000/week .......
or Tesla said they MIGHT make 5000/week. They NEVER said anything factual.

They yet put out some numbers that if they don't make.......everyone will just say.....oh that's ok because xxxxyyyyyzzzzzz.

When I first got the dates back at the end of July I assumed I'd get the car in December, or just maybe at the very end of December. Now I feel there's still a chance I could get it in January (since I'm among those first in line after employees), but no earlier and quite possibly later. So having a Nov-Jan estimate seems silly.
Now it seems silly....sure.

Do you believe their new dates? That's my question.