TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Service Centers

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Doug_G, Apr 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

It seems that this is just dragging along. The case number is '1:16-cv-01158' if you'd like to look it up. Updates on hearings and motions are posted here:

There is an article at Law360 that was recently placed online...

Tesla Wants Lobbying Info In Direct Auto Sales Fight
    By John Kennedy, April 17, 2017
    Tesla Inc. on Friday said there's no reason to keep it from seeing information about lobbying efforts by three Michigan auto dealers who plan to testify in support of a ban on manufacturers selling vehicles directly to consumers — a ban Tesla sees as creating an unconstitutional monopoly.

The California-based company is fighting a two-and-a-half-year-old state law ordering that all new car sales be done through franchised dealers, a requirement Tesla says is irrational and only serves to insulate Michigan's auto dealers and manufacturers from competition...

• Informative x 1
  2. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

They're already being caught flat-footed. The employees at the service centers are doing their best -- I think -- but there aren't enough service centers, and by "not enough" I mean they need at least twice as many in the US alone, and the service centers are overbooked as well.

• Like x 1
  3. VOTS01

VOTS01 Member

Hi

Does anyone have a name and email address of someone at the Utah SC?

4. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

As an investor and soon to be owner, this has me worried. From what I can glean from these forums as well as those on the horse's site, there seems to be a large constraint on the number of service centers. Even though there was an article that "hundreds" more are opening, that would still seem inadequate once the M3 starts rolling out.

• Like x 1
  5. drewg123

drewg123 Member

I'm new here. First post actually. I live in Richmond, VA. I have been wanting to buy a Model S for years, but with the closest service center in the Wash. DC metro area being a 2+ hour drive in traffic, I haven't been willing to deal with the hassle.

We're getting a Richmond combo sales / service center that our local auto dealer association has been fighting tooth and nail for over a year, lodging appeal after appeal. I drove by the location last night, and it looks nearly finished (Tesla sign & chargers out front, hours on the door, chairs / counters / posters inside), so I'm super excited.

However, I'm also concerned, as I still don't see it listed as "coming soon" like other new locations on the Tesla location map, and I have no idea if they're holding off because of the legal fight with the VADA (Viriginia Auto Dealers Association), or what. How long is it generally between a location being in a "nearly finished" state and the grand opening? How long before a "Coming Soon" listing on the map, and an actual open service center?

6. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

I put a couple of pictures of the huge new Denver area Service Center here:

Denver Service Center

It is quite different from the old Denver SC, as well as the ones I've visited in Salt Lake City and Portland (Tigard). You drive right into the Service Center for check-in.

7. HabitualUser

HabitualUser Member

I'm pleased to report an improvement in most aspects of the Service Center experience. The reps I dealt with seemed much nicer and cheerier - which certainly wasn't the case during previous visits. I could sense a recent push to elevate customer service above all else. The Japanese would call this omotenashi. As for the actual service, it went fine, and took the same amount of time as usual (2 days.)