Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
I was getting some gardening done, and the skip left in my driveway made access to my charger at home impossible. So I went to Artarmon for free juice.
While Tesla Swift was on the Supercharger, I asked if a tech could do the seatbelt check. Yes, all done in 2 minutes.
"while you're here" I said , "my passenger door handle makes a little squeaking sound- can you have a look?"
The tech said it needed an adjustment.
In the next few days, I got a phone call and two emails from Jesse in service. They collected my car from work, did the adjustment, returned it nicely washed and vacuumed.
And the drivers were friendly, polite blokes who were happy to chat about Tesla.
Bloody fantastic service. They've raised the bar- I hope they can keep it up!!!!!
Thanks Jesse et al for the perfect service experience.

I was getting some gardening done, and the skip left in my driveway made access to my charger at home impossible. So I went to Artarmon for free juice.
While Tesla Swift was on the Supercharger, I asked if a tech could do the seatbelt check. Yes, all done in 2 minutes.
"while you're here" I said , "my passenger door handle makes a little squeaking sound- can you have a look?"
The tech said it needed an adjustment.
In the next few days, I got a phone call and two emails from Jesse in service. They collected my car from work, did the adjustment, returned it nicely washed and vacuumed.
And the drivers were friendly, polite blokes who were happy to chat about Tesla.
Bloody fantastic service. They've raised the bar- I hope they can keep it up!!!!!
Thanks Jesse et al for the perfect service experience.

That is great to hear!! Perhaps this is the start a "Great Service" thread. I think it will get plenty of posts!

Only occasion that I needed any service was today. I had a persistent left rear tire pressure warning at 2.9 bar. I went to the servo & put air in. Still persisted so I rang the helpline. The tech, he sounded Swiss but I guess he was in the US, knew immediately & said you need a bit more air…45 psi as it turns out. So efficient and it was obvious he knew the car inside out by the immediate response. Everyone at Tesla is like that.

Only occasion that I needed any service was today. I had a persistent left rear tire pressure warning at 2.9 bar. I went to the servo & put air in. Still persisted so I rang the helpline. The tech, he sounded Swiss but I guess he was in the US, knew immediately & said you need a bit more air…45 psi as it turns out. So efficient and it was obvious he knew the car inside out by the immediate response. Everyone at Tesla is like that.

All my tyres start off at 2.8/2.9 bar and when warm display 3.2 bar or thereabouts. I don't get any warning. Have the standard tyres/rims.

I got a map update overnight. Streamed and installed for free, gently and automatically while I slept.
Nice!
By the way, I though the maps were all streamed Google maps, so I don't know how or why we would ever need a map update???
Good service, nonetheless :)

I got a map update overnight. Streamed and installed for free, gently and automatically while I slept.
Nice!
By the way, I though the maps were all streamed Google maps, so I don't know how or why we would ever need a map update???
Good service, nonetheless :)
The map in the centre screen is via Google Maos but the turn by turn directions are given by a Navigon system which is a bit old.
If you ever come north over the bridge and need to turn left on Falcon Street the instructions refer to an intersection arrangement that hasn't existed for some years.

The map in the centre screen is via Google Maos but the turn by turn directions are given by a Navigon system which is a bit old.
If you ever come north over the bridge and need to turn left on Falcon Street the instructions refer to an intersection arrangement that hasn't existed for some years.
Wow, so the instructions come from a different database from the one the pictures come from??? Bizarre!!!!