Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.28.2 downloading... interesting release notes. The poor sods in Hong Kong - getting the shaft three ways from sideways already - are now getting this in the release notes: Due to local regulations, the Tesla Arcade has been removed from your car.

I suppose that could happen anywhere.

So my 2020.28.2 update just disappeared. About an hour ago I checked on the phone and it said "downloading update 30%". Checking just now, there is now no download in progress, and there are no software updates available. Went out to the car to double check, it's on wifi, wifi works, but car says no update available.

Did they pull it?

Release notes:
IMG_20200717_132819.jpg

I tested the traffic light control and I can confirm this version does not have the auto confirm on green with lead car function available. No sign of the vent control either.

Last edited:
Seems that way from my reading too. I thought the second roo, which was a bit further along, had made my Tesla stop on autopilot, but not sure now , as i was in heavy traffic - - the car slowed as I got close to a big roo seconds after I hit the smaller one. But maybe I was looking at the roo, and the car might have been was slowing for the traffic in front - not slowing for the roo.

Either way - i didnt see the smaller roo that hopped between the two cars coming the towards me driving south - so my bad luck. (And good luck to the other two cars)

Maybe the car will recognise roos at that speed and in that similar situation, but I am not counting on it.

The ability to recognise a roo standing on the road I think is already there though - especially for bigger ones. Perhaps someone else has stopped on autopilot for a roo.

Meanwhile, I will keep fingers crossed, eyes alert, and try and avoid dusk driving if possible.

I would somewhat argue the opposite - if the roo is moving and fat enough then there might be a chance that the radar picks it up as a moving object in which case it will slow down. I certainly have had the car slow down for cyclists which the car didnt recognize as cyclists (as evident by lack of AP visualization) while they were moving on the side of the road.

That said I once had the car throw an alarm and slow down when driving at like 70kmh behind another car when a herd of cows was coming in the front. They were slowly walking across the road and it was a big herd herded by a cowboy.
The car was throwing the alarm and slowing down - clearly had nothing to do with the car in the front as even when that brakes harshly the Tesla TACC/AP will just recognize that as a hard slowdown i.e. for a traffic light and brake normally.

I wonder if the cows moving across the road gave some confusing signals to the radar which initiated the slowdown as it detected moving objects ahead.

• Informative
Reactions: MonicaPlease
All of which demonstrates that the car is light years away from FSD on anything buy freeways - if then.
"Recognising" isn't the same as "understanding". My car "recognises" all sorts of things as cones or bins or parking spaces when what I'm passing is nothing remotely like those. In terms of so-called AI it has the IQ of someone in single figures.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I’ve noticed something new that came with 2020.24.6.9 - major autosteer improvement.

Uber has been dragging me up and down Five Islands Road (Port Kembla) all night. There are two intersections where in both directions my Model 3 would constantly jump to the wrong lane half way across the intersection. Always. Except when it was avoiding collisions with the next car.

But all night tonight it has been aiming for the correct lane. It’s not a maps update, it appears to be a genuine improvement for identifying lanes.

I’ve noticed something new that came with 2020.24.6.9 - major autosteer improvement...

Yes, I've noticed some similar. At this intersection on Alexandra Parade in Melbourne, the car used to get totally confused and demand I take over mid-intersection. It is still not perfect, it now does a slight swerve to the left at the same point that it used to give up completely.
SwerveOnIntersection.jpg