Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the 2019.36.2.2 update the seat belt chime sounds when in park as soon as someone takes their seat belt off or when you get into the car before you have had a chance to put it on. Tad annoying.
Yeh. It is.

BTW, am I imagining it but is the car making more sub-audible electronic harmonic noises as you drive ?
... wouldn't be surprised if "fine tuning" the power electronics to get extra power & one-pedal *might* create a few new harmonic vibrations.

Has anyone in AU with AP2/MCU1 gotten 2019.36.x yet?
Still waiting on our MCU1 AP2 Enhanced AP car but my MCU2 AP2.5 FSD has it which is probably due to it having paid FSD.
Teslas website states that Smart Summon will come to all Enhanced Autopilot or FSD cars so if you have Enhanced AP, you're in luck.
These pre Raven cars do not have one pedal driving or power increase yet but us 75D owners were pretty lucky to get the free uncork a couple of years back which was around 90-100hp :) total 470hp at battery

Still waiting on our MCU1 AP2 Enhanced AP car but my MCU2 AP2.5 FSD has it which is probably due to it having paid FSD.
Teslas website states that Smart Summon will come to all Enhanced Autopilot or FSD cars so if you have Enhanced AP, you're in luck.
I'm an early FSD investomer as well, but it doesn't appear to be out for HW2 vehicles in AU yet, so I'm not in luck as of yet.

I'm an early FSD investomer as well, but it doesn't appear to be out for HW2 vehicles in AU yet, so I'm not in luck as of yet.
I know some model 3s got it before me, I got 36.2.2 late last week. Hoping Tesla will come through with Netflix and YouTube on MCU1 cars as well and if not possible at least allow screen mirror from phone which would be an easy solution

PARKING:
Only been using the auto park feature recently. Parallel parked, does a lovely job reversing in but during the last step of pulling forward it went WAY too forward in the parking bay (over the front line), and not centered between the cars either.
Normal behavior?

PARKING:
Only been using the auto park feature recently. Parallel parked, does a lovely job reversing in but during the last step of pulling forward it went WAY too forward in the parking bay (over the front line), and not centered between the cars either.
Normal behavior?
It does seem to like to park itself about 80cm behind the car in front and does not reference the lines on the road or the distance to the car behind.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
PARKING:
Normal behavior?
It looks only at the other cars, not the lines. I gave up on autopark a long time ago after it bumped into a car trying to perpendicular park after spending 5x longer than I would have myself. I just don't have the patience to wait for it to end up doing a bad job and having backlogs of cars annoyed waiting in car parks for your car to do its thing. Perhaps an FSD version which actually looks at lines, kerbs, and other obstacles will do a splendid job, but no doubt that will need yet another 10 billion mile neural network upgrade.

Finally after long time waiting and chasing, my Tesla M3 SR+ is saying … "Downloading Navigation data update"
So, I was expecting this to take a long time as I have been told nav data updates are multi gig updates and may download overnight or over multiple days, however the download started and the green download bar went rather quick. Took about 3 minutes and I went from AU-2018.12-983 to AU-2019.24-10589.
Will have to see if the street changes and speed limits are any better in this one in the coming days :)

Last edited:
Would love to know if I can do anything to get this update. It is way behind on speed limit changes (and they always seem to be to lessen the speed limit).
No. You cannot force updates. The closest thing you can do is select "advanced" in the software section on your vehicle, and check the software section daily for it to check for updates, but you will not get it any earlier than when Tesla schedules you to get it. Each time you click on the software tab it checks for updates. If you're an FSD prepurchaser, ther will be some releases you will get earlier, but for the most part everyone gets them around the same time (with advanced on.)

Reactions: ARMARM