Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update to 2019.40.50 Xmas morning, took almost an hour to download. I then tried to install it and it disappeared. The notification to install is still on the app but fails to install.
I called tesla and they said it was stopped by tesla. Ps I have a model 3 performance.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I can confirm I have an SR+ with FSD and the 2019.40.50.1 update on the morning of the 25th and do not have LTE connectivity or satellite maps.

That appears to be common with Tesla, that things are not done same way for everyone. I have SR+ do not have 2019.40.50.1 yet so I am still on 2019.40.2.1. I do not have FSD and did not have satellite maps yesterday on 26th, but I appear to have satellite maps today on 27th and the LTE connection appears to allow me to stream everything currently also. Strange.

Sorry; I just checked this morning and I now have satellite maps and live traffic data showing?? Unsure if I have LTE connectivity though, will check later this morning whilst out and about.

New update apparently according to Teslafi.
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

It says its older due to the version number but no one has installed it except for now all of a sudden?
Possible fix in Australia/Europe bugs.

EM1gDyQU8AAdvZ5.jpeg EM1QswPXUAAUtSx.jpeg

Based on these screenshots it appears to have the same release notes.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and conman
Sorry; I just checked this morning and I now have satellite maps and live traffic update showing?? Unsure if I have LTE connectivity though, will check later this morning whilst out and about.

I can confirm on my SR+ with fsd noticed now have icons on bottom left of nav for satellite, traffic visualisation, and super charger locations to toggle on/off.. on 40.2.1 ..atm and saying I am up to date.. and data access still working on LTE

It appears tesla have enabled those features without any fw update required just few changes over the air on current software config..perhaps a way to wet appetite with premium services ... I.e. get users used to the feature set to only take them away unless sign up to the monthly subscription of premium services....cheeky ..or it is a thoughtful Xmas gift ?

Last edited:
I've come to realise the whole "checking for updates" thing is basically a lie. If you do a hard reset, then go into that same menu.. while the car has no connectivity (wifi or LTE), it will still quickly tell you "your car is up to date". I suspect it's essentially the equivalent of a crosswalk button to placate us.