Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still on 2020.12.11.1 (my update preference is “standard”) but the view Dashcam/Sentry clips feature (while a fantastic addition) is definitely broken or at least very buggy. When a sentry event occurs, tapping on “tap to view” shows not the most recent sentry video, but the one before that which might be days ago. Further, it plays only the first few seconds before the pointer erratically jumps back to the start of the video repeatedly and starts again.

Anyone else experience this, and is it fixed in later releases?

Yes, same with me. There's no video on sentry - or, at least such a short clip that nothing appears to move.
I haven't tried watching on the PC yet so that might have the whole video.

My Model 3 just had the update to 2020.16.2.1. Seems to offer nothing much extra in a stationary vehicle, other than Backgammon being a lot harder. The dashcam isn't much better as far as I can tell. They still haven't implemented a scrubber function nor variable speed playback so only able to view in real time; no way I'm going to sit through the in car viewing yet, unless I'm desperate.
Hopefully something will have improved on the road.

Installed 2020.16.2.1 this evening. Besides the toybox, charging sites and backgammon improvements, I really wanted to test the formatting of my dashcam USB drive to exFAT.

But I went to Controls > Safety & Security, the FORMAT USB DEVICE button was greyed out. I worked out that it won't format a drive when it had been partitioned into two volumes (I had partitioned my 360GB M.2 drive into a 200GB partition for dashcam and the remainder for music files).

After swapping the 360GB drive with a normal 16GB drive, I was able to format it. I went out for a short drive, and plugged the drive into my PC and can confirm the following:
  • Tesla formatted the drive as exFAT with 32KB sector size
  • drive name was "TESLADRIVE"
  • a "TeslaCam" folder exists with a "RecentClips" sub-folder containing the dashcam videos from my short drive
So if you have a multi-partition USB drive in your Tesla, the car won't format either drive for you. You'll have to manually re-format it on your PC/Mac if you wish to change the filesystem to exFAT. Be sure save any sentry video clips and music files before formatting.

Done the whole 'hit the advanced button' 5 times and everything as well. Per jason66's post a couple of pages back, puts me in the bottom 3%. I've driven the car every day in the past 3 months so not like it's been missing out on use.

Log a service call with Tesla Service Centre. I've read cars that had updates blocked at the server end---they had to be manually unblocked by Tesla before new updates started flowing again.

2020.16.2.1 appears to have reduced the regenerative braking in my M3.
I noticed that I am using the brake pedal more often after the update.
Frist world problem but I am spoilt by single pedal driving.

Maybe its less aggressive but has the same regen.:confused:

I wish we had more than 2 levels of regen as I miss the deceleration.

I think not only is formatting and and save on honk greyed out on a multi partition drive with 2020.16.2.1
sentry mode is also disabled

No sentry mode recording screen warning
Nothing recording, no on screen xx number of event warnings, no mater what I tried
Sentry mode wasn't recording on 2020.16.2.1 until I reformatted to single partition
I had two partitions on SSD

Dashcam was still working