Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla is trying rapid software fixes for the heat pumps, but reading from overseas its a hardware issue so they're all likely going to have to be recalled to install new parts/units.

Would we then be seeing cars getting updates even when they don’t have heat pumps?
Also why wouldn’t they be running these updates internally and once the problem is fixed then push it out to the owners?

Following up on the nagging during Autopilot. I went to Brisbane and back to the Gold Coast today on 30.7, not a single nag.
I drove back over the border from Bendigo to Wagga Wagga today, and noticed that the nagging was up 10x to what it was going down. The neat thing is that I haven't updated the software for over a month, so the only difference was that I was now on the other side of the Hume Hwy. I can't explain it.

I'd also like to add that the Victorians have gone overboard with the amount of speed cameras in their state.

You can turn on notifications for Vehicle Software Updates in the app and then you get the notification even if you aren't running the app.
I suspect that is like many other features from Tesla, and its working reliability depends on car software version as well as the app software version.
For 2 years I have been very reliably getting those update available notifications in the app. In the last 2 months however about half the updates have not actually ever notified the availability in the phone app even though the app has been running and I have actually been using the app to play with settings on the car, however in the car I can see the update popup on car screen. Same for update complete notifications, the app has not dine that for the past 5-6 updates. I have received very many updates in the last 2 months and also many app updates, so i suspect they get way less tested lately if at all and some things slip through.

Driving yesterday with .7 the nagging seemed a little better, and it didn't slam on the brakes like it has done before. It did get concerned when turning a corner on a multi lane road at an intersection (where the main road turned to the left and we all went across the intersection. It made the panic loud beeping noise but didn't mash the brakes. It also slowed for a car that crossed in front of us but again, not in a panicked way. It still can't be trusted for me and I find myself more selective about when to use cruise control than when I had a dumb system.

Reactions: paulp
Driving yesterday with .7 the nagging seemed a little better, and it didn't slam on the brakes like it has done before. It did get concerned when turning a corner on a multi lane road at an intersection (where the main road turned to the left and we all went across the intersection. It made the panic loud beeping noise but didn't mash the brakes. It also slowed for a car that crossed in front of us but again, not in a panicked way. It still can't be trusted for me and I find myself more selective about when to use cruise control than when I had a dumb system.
I have noticed those panicky sounds it makes. There are a couple of places where I tend to drive often where coming from a main road while driving on autosteering, I need to turn off to a side road. However road markings on the main road do not have a gap for the side road, so when I put the indicator on and just take over the steering to turn, the car goes into full panic mode as it assumes I am going over a solid line to kill it, where it should check the map and cameras that there is a road and as I am indicating, I plan to use that road.

Noticed this after updating app
Option for heated wheel added to rear seats heating
SR+ July 21 model

Attachments

• 5F41800C-4D38-4E10-A358-F83A31124E10.jpeg
    5F41800C-4D38-4E10-A358-F83A31124E10.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 79