Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It did it again, yesterday. I wonder if it is some sort of trial. It is the only place where TACC Max increases automatically.
It being automatically adjusting the TACC Max when the speed limit changed.

On Monday I came along the M4 from James Ruse Drive and this time it didn't automatically change the TACC Max. This suggests that it is something related to coming off the slip road. Quite odd.

lucky he isnt australia based or he’d be stripped of the ability to be a company director for false and misleading conduct…and yet it continues. As for the claims that a computer is safer, I’ve been in a tesla now for almost a decade, around 7-8 years of that with autopilot. I’ve never crashed my tesla or even come close. I’ve had to intervene a lot when the computer is steering to avoid crashing. Yes I know its beta, but the claim that the computer is safer is about as truthful as ‘autonomy next year’.

I have to disagree here @paulp. While AP has its moments, Autosteer (AS) has been rock solid for me, for almost 60'000km now, the vast majority (>80%) driven with AS engaged. I am significantly more alert and less tired after a long drive with AS.

And in terms of driving in dense traffic, Auto lane change has just yesterday saved a motorbike from being pranged by yours truly. He was weaving left and right through traffic from behind so fast, I never saw him until I was about to override ALC's refusal to go into the left lane... and the motorbike passed at that moment on the left.

I've encountered several similar incidents where AP saved the day, either because I was being a tool and inattentive, or like yesterday, where the cameras saw what was going on and I didn't.

I have to disagree here @paulp. While AP has its moments, Autosteer (AS) has been rock solid for me, for almost 60'000km now, the vast majority (>80%) driven with AS engaged. I am significantly more alert and less tired after a long drive with AS.

And in terms of driving in dense traffic, Auto lane change has just yesterday saved a motorbike from being pranged by yours truly. He was weaving left and right through traffic from behind so fast, I never saw him until I was about to override ALC's refusal to go into the left lane... and the motorbike passed at that moment on the left.

I've encountered several similar incidents where AP saved the day, either because I was being a tool and inattentive, or like yesterday, where the cameras saw what was going on and I didn't.
Fair point, so a better description is possibly that ‘AP might be safer for some drivers’

Fair point, so a better description is possibly that ‘AP might be safer for some drivers’

I think the other thing to keep in to account is FSD is very different to AP/AS....it's not like FSD is just additional code...it's meant to be (from what I have been told) vastly different include it's code base etc.

However, my AP in my original Model S (AP1) is was still better, by a good margin, than my latest Model 3's version of AP....so I agree with both @paulp abd @ZeeDoktor

I think the other thing to keep in to account is FSD is very different to AP/AS....it's not like FSD is just additional code...it's meant to be (from what I have been told) vastly different include it's code base etc.

However, my AP in my original Model S (AP1) is was still better, by a good margin, than my latest Model 3's version of AP....so I agree with both @paulp abd @ZeeDoktor
That's right @EcoCloudIT right now its a seperate base code completely. I think next FSD version is going to be a single code base for both FSD and non FSD vehicles. Given the rollout of FSD Beta in the US, I don't know how much longer it will before it comes to AU. I only ever drove a Model S in the US and the original 'autopilot' was miles ahead of the current AP..

My experience has been similar to yours. In the last 30 months of driving with more than 80% on Autosteering, I have had to take over twice where I had to wrestle for control as it was doing the wrong thing and probably 2-3 times where it asked for me to take over. Though TACC is a different story, there are plenty of places where TACC has slowed down or hit breaks where it should not have. Even so, it most definitely has been the best driver assist system I have had on a car and as assist goes it has been really helpful in keeping me less tired during and after driving, so does its job well.

Reactions: Hungry Mile
I had a quick look at Dark Mode over Christmas, but I prefer to have the satellite view map during day and the dark map during the night to reduce glare. At the time I could not see a way to have dark mode with satellite view as the dark mode just turned the map dark also. So I swapped back to automatic. I might have another look over the weekend to see if they have made it more customizable in recent update storm.

I had a quick look at Dark Mode over Christmas, but I prefer to have the satellite view map during day and the dark map during the night to reduce glare. At the time I could not see a way to have dark mode with satellite view as the dark mode just turned the map dark also. So I swapped back to automatic. I might have another look over the weekend to see if they have made it more customizable in recent update storm.
In 30.8 the options are light, dark, or auto

In the past (like before dark mode was announced) we had Day, Night, Auto?

In what way is Night mode different to Dark mode?
Yea, I noticed that, I think the difference is like in the current version of the phone app it has Bonnet and Rear Boot buttons where a year ago it said Trunk and Frunk there. So someone decided that changing the name of a button makes it better. I was hoping there might be hidden options to customize more, but if its still just that, then it really is of no benefit.

Yea, I noticed that, I think the difference is like in the current version of the phone app it has Bonnet and Rear Boot buttons where a year ago it said Trunk and Frunk there. So someone decided that changing the name of a button makes it better.
You now see bonnet & boot because Tesla introduced English-UK as a language
In the past (like before dark mode was announced) we had Day, Night, Auto?
In what way is Night mode different to Dark mode?
It's no different, just by name.