Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is new, was driving around today and noticed a small message appear below the car visualisation (same area/style as the sentry mode events notification). I couldn't take a photo at the time but opened the notification afterwards: 'Vehicle configuration update pending'
I had a related thing this morning, ie relating to the “Configuration update pending” UI_a139 message…

My car (sleeping in the garage) wouldn’t wake via the phone app when I went to look at it in the app this morning, so I went out and opened the driver’s door and it unlocked just fine (phone-as-key) and the infotainment screen started up just fine. Message on the screen “Configuration update pending” (changes will apply once the touch screen is off) as per your photo above, with the message code UI_a139.

I closed and locked the car (walk away door lock, again just fine) and left it alone until after it had slept a bit - ie until 10-15 minutes after I heard the HV contactors go clunk when it went to sleep - and then I went back out to check it. Everything seemed unchanged/normal in the car - EAP and premium connectivity still correctly showing as subscribed, music and nav worked and so on, and LTE and wifi connectivity just fine, as they were when I got into the car first to see the UI_a139 message.

So I don’t have any insight into what that message actually “means” or what it was that updated, but at least you aren’t Robinson Crusoe ;)

so, im now on 2022.40.4.1 and I figured I would give the auto headlights another chance. Well they looked like they were much better for about 10 minutes and then started doing strange flashes of high beams like 1/4 to 1/2 second flashes even though there were cars coming from opposite direction, so I had to turn that off and few minutes later I had a strange occurrence with AP. I suspect the auto driving computer crashed in the middle of a drive. I was doing 100 on M1 with AP on when bunch of beeps and big warning to take over immediately popped on screen and car started swerving into the next lane. So I took over and then the alert window displayed a few alerts like emergency breaking not available, cruise not available and so on and the visualizations of cars and surroundings were all gone for the rest of the trip.
Will give the car full reboot tonight and see how it behaves tomorrow.

Just did 700km over the weekend with 2022.40.4.1.

Car changed to 40km/hr in Sydney with 3 Sydney buses (moving) that I passed plus two more in Canberra (school buses). No flashing lights so 40 was not legally operational. It hasn't done that for about the past 5 releases but now the problem is back big time.

Autosteer and TACC behaved well. No phantom braking. Used a lot on the M31 and Federal Highway.

Clearly speed sign recognition out in the country is still not enabled (didn't think it would be because release notes still say not Australia). Who knows why this is so. So nil roadworks picked up out in the country.

What? We don't drive with AUTO high beam. Manually triggering high beam is fine.
So you weren't using autopilot? Or you manually held the stalk constantly?
On my car, post 2022.20.9

autopilot on:
  • auto high beam is on when high beams are on and can't be made manual
  • high beam can be turned off completely
  • if high beam is off, by pulling the left stalk towards me and holding it there, I can manually keep my high beams on
autopilot off:
  • high beams can be on, off or auto
  • if high beam is off, by pulling the left stalk towards me and holding it there, I can manually keep my high beams on

manual driving:

I'm just curious how you have manual control over your high beams post software 2022.20.9

So you weren't using autopilot? Or you manually held the stalk constantly?
On my car, post 2022.20.9

autopilot on:
  • auto high beam is on when high beams are on and can't be made manual
  • high beam can be turned off completely
autopilot off:

manual driving:

I'm just curious how you have manual control over your high beams post software 2022.20.9
have you tried pushing the stalk away from you to turn off auto high beams and then instead of pulling the stalk towards you push it away from you, for most of us this just turns on high beam and doing it again turns it off, no need to hold anything.

Car updated this morning to 2022.40.4.2
Improved charging efficiency
Radio station logos
Driver door unlock mode
I got this one this morning as well…

And *finally* I have the temperature select option for cabin overheat protection! (A small, random number of us didn’t get this when it was first available…)

This was also the first update where I was able to take advantage of the “release note” feature in the app, but it wasn’t listed there. Other changes were generic 2022.40 things (not new to this minor version).

have you tried pushing the stalk away from you to turn off auto high beams and then instead of pulling the stalk towards you push it away from you, for most of us this just turns on high beam and doing it again turns it off, no need to hold anything.
Yeah, I know pushing away turns them off. I was just listing all the variations I know of to understand what other people were doing

What? We don't drive with AUTO high beam. Manually triggering high beam is fine. It's just that the automatic mode tends to blind oncoming drivers.
If you're on the 2022.40 release, you should consider testing Auto High Beams again. It's much improved at not blinding oncoming drivers, my only criticism is that it is then too slow to fire the high beams back on after the oncoming car has passed.

Yeah, I know pushing away turns them off. I was just listing all the variations I know of to understand what other people were doing
Yea, but when you mentioned that after pushing the stalk to turn off auto high beams you would use pull the stalk towards you to use high beams, that sounds like a tedious and too distracting activity, so I was trying to draw attention to that the same activity of pushing the stalk away after the auto high beam has been disabled acts as on and off switch for standard high beams.

And *finally* I have the temperature select option for cabin overheat protection! (A small, random number of us didn’t get this when it was first available…)
False alarm! Can't activate it via the app (error below). In the car, the option isn't visible.

352A2838-808C-41E5-A210-CF25505D60BC.jpeg