Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a bit surprised that your car reads the electronic 60 sign, as mine appears to ignore all electronic signs and just apply map data in their place, though it recognizes all non-electronic speed signs now.
Could be the maps not the signs although only 40 fixed signs with 7am-7pm and the electronic ones that change?
If not the electronic ones I assume it sit on 40km to it sees a new 60km sign not revert to map?
Although who knows how it programmed. The only signs not 40km are electronic.
1683276863803.png
1683277043650.png

I have installed 2023.12.1.1 and hallelujah you can now answer the phone, mute and hang up using a scroll wheel.

But why the left one? The left scroll wheel is now overloaded with functions and options, while the right scroll wheel is almost an unloved orphan in comparison, silently crying ”What about me?”.

In my mind, the right scroll wheel would have been a much more sensible option for this function 🤷‍♂️.

• Funny
Reactions: OzVic
In my mind, the right scroll wheel would have been a much more sensible option for this function
Hm, on my recent 2,922km trip, I was using the right thumb-wheel to adjust follow distance and fine tune speed up and down. I'm happy it is reserved for driving functions and the left one used for media and screen stuff and not driving functions (except when the car is stopped- viz mirror adjustments, steering wheel adjustments et al).

Note that it does not parse the favourites in the car (other than 'Home' and 'Work". I found this out a year ago. So even if you have an extremely easy favourite, you will not be able to voice navigate to it.

On the plus side, I am finding the "British Voice" recognition quite good.
I have a favourite saved called “Lake House“ and I use voice commands to navigate to Lake House frequently. Works almost all the time.

Reactions: bay74
I have a favourite saved called “Lake House“ and I use voice commands to navigate to Lake House frequently. Works almost all the time.
Interesting! I admit that it is 18 months since I found favourites were not included and was advised on the US forum that this was the case and I have not tried again. Sounds like they have been added and I did not know. Will try again and advise!

@Vostok because they're lazy and not catering the the RHD market. Same reason they don't have the indicator stalk on the useful side (so all driving can be done with the right hand in a RHD vehicle...)

With 2023.12.5, my car now is back to detecting no LED based speed signs, and it drives through the constructions site north of the harbour bridge like a moron doing a step dance on both brake and accelerator.

And it now always detects 40 on a bus as a 40 speed limit.

In short, other than still detecting construction site limits on painted signs on highways, they rolled back all the improvements.

@Vostok because they're lazy and not catering the the RHD market. Same reason they don't have the indicator stalk on the useful side (so all driving can be done with the right hand in a RHD vehicle...)

With 2023.12.5, my car now is back to detecting no LED based speed signs, and it drives through the constructions site north of the harbour bridge like a moron doing a step dance on both brake and accelerator.

And it now always detects 40 on a bus as a 40 speed limit.

In short, other than still detecting construction site limits on painted signs on highways, they rolled back all the improvements.
2023.12.5 installed last night for me so I'm interested to see the changes. If they have rolled that back, its for the better. I found that the speed limit detection was worse overall, It would detect the freeway exit ramp speed signs, school zones at the wrong times, and in general was worse overall.

Mine also upgraded to 2023.12.5 on Saturday. the previous 2 versions 2023.12.1.1 and some 2023.6.8 both had major issues for me with LTE connection randomly dropping and then coming back if car slept overnight. The wipers were totally hopeless after sunset and running wild in totally dry weather every night. Now over the last 2 days since the latest update my LTE has not dropped yet, so might be an improvement, but could be too early to call yet. The wipers still went off last night when driving but only twice and both times only did about 10-15 seconds wiping instead of 10-15 minutes continuous wiping as before, so might be improving on that also.
This last 2 months has seen 5 updates for me where the first version was semi-stable and the last one now seems more of a stable release, but could be too early to tell yet, but the ones in between have all been rather problematic for me.

Yes. It happens automatically when using autopilot on what the car thinks is a single lane road. It will accelerate up to the previously set speed when you leave the slow zone.

As an aside, the car will not allow automated lane change when there is an overtaking lane section on a single lane highway.
I really hate “the bloop” and hope I can turn it off or change it.

I have installed 2023.12.1.1 and hallelujah you can now answer the phone, mute and hang up using a scroll wheel.

But why the left one? The left scroll wheel is now overloaded with functions and options, while the right scroll wheel is almost an unloved orphan in comparison, silently crying ”What about me?”.

In my mind, the right scroll wheel would have been a much more sensible option for this function 🤷‍♂️.

Its almost as if more physical buttons, albeit, user programmable. would have been a good idea. Along with forward and reverse on the drive selector, then perhaps I might get my dream of choosing to have the blinkers on the right!.

Anyone able to hack or jailbreak the software and build on things from here for AUS?
If you are after physical buttons there is,
from the updates it looks like it might be available around August, though these timelines often drag on.
Uses the tesla API of the app via your phone to control physical dials and buttons attached to the bottom of the touchscreen.

If you are after physical buttons there is,
from the updates it looks like it might be available around August, though these timelines often drag on.
Uses the tesla API of the app via your phone to control physical dials and buttons attached to the bottom of the touchscreen.

Funny, completely not needed when you can do it all from the scroll wheel on the steering wheel....those wheel buttons look like they will possible make it harder to get to the screen also, when Tesla update software and the location for where things are presented on the screen change location it will be even more silly....

Funny, completely not needed when you can do it all from the scroll wheel on the steering wheel....those wheel buttons look like they will possible make it harder to get to the screen also, when Tesla update software and the location for where things are presented on the screen change location it will be even more silly....

That's what I want, but the implementation is garbage, doesn't connect straight to the CAN bus. Yes, you right about Tesla moving locations on the screen, another reason I wouldn't buy it. Hence the reason Tesla implementing it in hardware themselves is the solution.

That's what I want, but the implementation is garbage, doesn't connect straight to the CAN bus. Yes, you right about Tesla moving locations on the screen, another reason I wouldn't buy it. Hence the reason Tesla implementing it in hardware themselves is the solution.
CAN via an OBD style adapter is in the works for this device but probably not at launch. I don't see the problem with the screen location. There is nothing about the buttons and dials that has to line up with the screen.

Reactions: Zoltrix77