Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You missed the bit about how it used to work just fine and now doesn't ;).
I've only had the car 3-4 months so it's never worked :D

I have 2023.20.4.1 and Dry/Phantom wiping is worse than it has ever been. Now happens every time I go for a drive, even a short one. Yes, cameras have been well cleaned. Seems particularly bad when the sun angle is low and coming in from about 45degrees on the driver's side.
might be worth checking for a stonechip or something on the front facing camera portion at the top of the windshield.

I have only had 2023.20.7 for a day, so cannot really comment on that one, but before I had 2023.20.4.1 for a few weeks and that one had plenty of phantom slow downs on motorways and slightly less phantom wiping than the update before that, but still enough to be annoying and I do agree that most of it was on low sun angle from the front of the car. Voice commands appear to have always been a bit flakey. I every now and then forget and try to respond to a text message with a voice command and then remember when its too late as it sends something totally opposite of what I said. I have not really found a way to cancel the message either once it has typed it up as the only button is send on the screen and it does not wait for me to double tap but sends after the first time I tap it.

Well I have done over 3000km in the model y P. Have broken the touch screen putting a bottle of wine in the passenger foot well, screens are fragile, who knew? Car is PPF'd and some home ceramicing to help keep clean. Love the larger text update and the left scroll customization. But, do not like having to peer way down from the road to see, alarms (always false lane departure warnings), to adjust the radio in the sticky small popups, and to adjust the timeout small popups for wiper, temps, that live down at the bottom right corner too. Is it just me? I know it is not as there has been some criticism of the same in the press in the past. I would have two main changes I think, swap the animation to the left third and bring the control/nav screen, reverse camera to the right (a lot easier to reach the control headings and the nav screen (ps a longer/sticky nav scale adjustment timeout system would be nice, as would be the same, for the timeout small popups too). I would then lift the small popup section to the left of the speed limit etc panel essentially top centre of the screen. Now my eyes can see the road while I fumble (haven't enjoyed voice control attempts so far). Alarm messages can go up too somewhere about there, seems perverse to make you peer down when something unsafe is happening, supposedly, on the road!! The animation is not important to me, no Self driving stuff, the frunk opening buttons would be aligned to the right of that panel for slightly better access - only used when parked anyway. Animation events are nearly always gone by the time you look anyway. Less important other ideas, add a battery temp popup in the sticky list after the PSI one, and have the wiper control wrap from auto back to level 1 on the right scroll press rather than have to reach down or press your way back passed the fast medium etc. Usually want to go to 1 because auto hasn't started in the mist anyway. Add little dots to the regen and power line to indicate max kW regen and Power available right then and there. Regen can be very low on cold days with a full charge, so the reminder would be nice. Seems these days no suggestion box exists (millions of ideas out there) so my feeble attempt is to just get it recorded here. Sorry if I offend anyone or this isn't the right place but it is what it is.

Well I have done over 3000km in the model y P. Have broken the touch screen putting a bottle of wine in the passenger foot well, screens are fragile, who knew? Car is PPF'd and some home ceramicing to help keep clean. Love the larger text update and the left scroll customization. But, do not like having to peer way down from the road to see, alarms (always false lane departure warnings), to adjust the radio in the sticky small popups, and to adjust the timeout small popups for wiper, temps, that live down at the bottom right corner too. Is it just me? I know it is not as there has been some criticism of the same in the press in the past. I would have two main changes I think, swap the animation to the left third and bring the control/nav screen, reverse camera to the right (a lot easier to reach the control headings and the nav screen (ps a longer/sticky nav scale adjustment timeout system would be nice, as would be the same, for the timeout small popups too). I would then lift the small popup section to the left of the speed limit etc panel essentially top centre of the screen. Now my eyes can see the road while I fumble (haven't enjoyed voice control attempts so far). Alarm messages can go up too somewhere about there, seems perverse to make you peer down when something unsafe is happening, supposedly, on the road!! The animation is not important to me, no Self driving stuff, the frunk opening buttons would be aligned to the right of that panel for slightly better access - only used when parked anyway. Animation events are nearly always gone by the time you look anyway. Less important other ideas, add a battery temp popup in the sticky list after the PSI one, and have the wiper control wrap from auto back to level 1 on the right scroll press rather than have to reach down or press your way back passed the fast medium etc. Usually want to go to 1 because auto hasn't started in the mist anyway. Add little dots to the regen and power line to indicate max kW regen and Power available right then and there. Regen can be very low on cold days with a full charge, so the reminder would be nice. Seems these days no suggestion box exists (millions of ideas out there) so my feeble attempt is to just get it recorded here. Sorry if I offend anyone or this isn't the right place but it is what it is.
Hard to work out what you are trying to do, but you can use your scroll wheels to do a lot of the driving essential screen functions such as controlling aircon. A mate just bought a $300 screen for his ice car for apple carplay. He can select which side various functions and menu’s appear on.