Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the exact thinking that is preventing many of the legacy auto brands from catching up. Tesla is clearly playing the long game and not constraining itself with 'inside the box thinking'.
Thats really odd given legacy brands and even new brands already have parking camera systems far more advanced than tesla. It is tesla that is trying to catch up. You may choose to go and try a bmw, polestar, or mercedes parking camera system to understand my point.

Thats really odd given legacy brands and even new brands already have parking camera systems far more advanced than tesla. It is tesla that is trying to catch up. You may choose to go and try a bmw, polestar, or mercedes parking camera system to understand my point.
lol, as I've already said, I have, this was one of the few features I felt I lost out on by going to Tesla. This though is clearly a massive leap forward and even in the first iteration I can see it is already better, knowing that Tesla will be able to keep progressing this without needing to change hardware is a massive bonus.

lol, as I've already said, I have, this was one of the few features I felt I lost out on by going to Tesla. This though is clearly a massive leap forward and even in the first iteration I can see it is already better, knowing that Tesla will be able to keep progressing this without needing to change hardware is a massive bonus.
It is unclear yet which hardware versions this will work on - but if there is a statement from tesla I’m keen to see it to see if mine will have it.

It's a step in the right direction, but to be honest this looks worse than I was hoping. The one feature I liked about the Atto 3 was the 360° camera, which gives you a drone-style camera view of the car (not fuzzy 3D models) from above by doing image processing magic to meld all cameras together.

Reactions: paulp
It's a step in the right direction, but to be honest this looks worse than I was hoping. The one feature I liked about the Atto 3 was the 360° camera, which gives you a drone-style camera view of the car (not fuzzy 3D models) from above by doing image processing magic to meld all cameras together.

I liked that in the Atto 3 and Polestar 2 as well. It's a significant deficiency in the Tesla. I hope the update improves things (whenever it arrives), but I can't see it being able to match those systems because the camera angles are different.

My eqe has a similar system as well, choice of rotate external view (with pinch zoom) and view from above or choose a specific camera and have accoustic mapping. No 3D renderings, it uses proper live imagery. Very usefull yesterday when I had to park hard next to a 0.4m high wall. I rotated around and viewed my car parking from standing in front of the car. Its interesting that BYD has this functionality is well. Didn’t realise that.

My eqe has a similar system as well, choice of rotate external view (with pinch zoom) and view from above or choose a specific camera and have accoustic mapping. No 3D renderings, it uses proper live imagery. Very usefull yesterday when I had to park hard next to a 0.4m high wall. I rotated around and viewed my car parking from standing in front of the car. Its interesting that BYD has this functionality is well. Didn’t realise that.
I only test-drove the BYD, so I am not sure, but I don't think it was as sophisticated as the EQE (not surprising, really), but still useful for seeing what is happening at curb level around the car.

Thanks to @SPadival for finding this - straight from the horses mouth (the Director of Autopilot at Tesla).

1702785684475.png

Reactions: Zinzilla