Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, and hence it's under the paid (monetised) umbrella
My AppleCarPlay Google maps only show speed limits when in Nav mode (destination entered). Tesla however displays speed limits in non Nav mode standard connectivity . I suspect the visualisation availability depends on what each car nav vendor is prepared to pay
I wonder why data like speed limits and speed cameras are not provided to vehicle manufacturers by , ohh I don’t know, the government? I get it speed limits are probably set by state governments and with the exception of temporary speed limits but is there no central repository of this information somewhere so we don’t have to rely on data mining companies like Google to provide it?
Then the data could be provided for free and the roads would be heaps safer because as we are all told speeding 5km over the limit kills and speed cameras save lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
I wonder why data like speed limits and speed cameras are not provided to vehicle manufacturers by , ohh I don’t know, the government? I get it speed limits are probably set by state governments and with the exception of temporary speed limits but is there no central repository of this information somewhere so we don’t have to rely on data mining companies like Google to provide it?
Then the data could be provided for free and the roads would be heaps safer because as we are all told speeding 5km over the limit kills and speed cameras save lives.
The NSW government provide there own app,
( I assume there is an equivalent iOS version)
1000001631.png

Judging by the comments though there are numerous incorrect zones.
Not sure if the database used is also publically available or licenceable.

Not sure if the database used is also publically available or licenceable.
Actually I assume it is based of this,
And yes it is open and available. Last updated a week ago.

Reactions: Zinzilla
Has anyone else noticed a longer than usual delay with the app connecting to the car after 2024.8.7?
Walking up to the car and it unlocking is fine but remotely connecting seems to take a lot longer.
Yes I’ve turned it off and back on again.
App version 4.31.5 (iOS)

Yep, my car was sleeping (I guess) overnight and when I was trying to connect in the app (android) it just wouldn't wake it up. Once I opened the door I could then use the app.

Reactions: elddum and dronus
In the past there has been a connectivity issue between Tesla and Telstra that would bork the waking from sleep connection. It did go away after a day or two - presumably after their people spoke to their people.
I just tested again from the shortcuts on the unwoken page. Opened boot fine, screen says connected again.

Maybe there is something different from just viewing the page than sending commands. I dunno, not a software engineer, but I have faith it will be fixed soon enough :)

Reactions: elddum and Hairyman
I just tested again from the shortcuts on the unwoken page. Opened boot fine, screen says connected again.

Maybe there is something different from just viewing the page than sending commands. I dunno, not a software engineer, but I have faith it will be fixed soon enough :)
If you interact with the app and open boot or unlock door it will use a local bluetooth connection if in range. If out of range it will use an SMS to first wake the car then mobile/wifi data to communicate after that. If you just open the app and don't try any options that can work via bluetooth and even if you are actually in bluetooth range it will still try and wake the car via SMS. It is sounding like the car is having trouble being woken by SMS. Which might be a Telstra issue.

Once I opened the door I could then use the app.
Yes , all the hoopla on how to get the car to connect via app when all that is needed is the open the car door.

It's always been a Telstra-Tesla mothership issue or in other countries whatever provided Tesla is using.

Add this to EV related anxiety:

1) range anxiety
2) charging anxiety
3) paint anxiety
4) tyre pressure anxiety
5) sentry anxiety
5) I can't see the car in the app anxiety

Yes , all the hoopla on how to get the car to connect via app when all that is needed is the open the car door.

1) range anxiety
2) charging anxiety
3) paint anxiety
4) tyre pressure anxiety
5) sentry anxiety
Bwhahahaha

So true!

I had someone comment the other day how unsafe having a phone as a key is…

“But I can just steal your phone and take your car” they proclaimed!

“Well I can steal your car key and take your car, how is that any different?” Plus, I have Find my on my phone, pin to drive, and I can track the car “

“Ohh mine doesn’t have that”

Touché

Last edited:

It's always been a Telstra-Tesla mothership issue or in other countries whatever provided Tesla is using.

1) range anxiety
2) charging anxiety
3) paint anxiety
4) tyre pressure anxiety
5) sentry anxiety

6) parking near other cars anxiety
7) child seat top tether anxiety
8) indicating while exiting roundabout anxiety (new model only)

Sure, and hence it's under the paid (monetised) umbrella
My AppleCarPlay Google maps only show speed limits when in Nav mode (destination entered). Tesla however displays speed limits in non Nav mode standard connectivity . I suspect the visualisation availability depends on what each car nav vendor is prepared to pay
We’re at cross puposes, one last attempt before I give up as everyone else is probably bored by now

You only ever get a speed camera notification if you pay - that seems to be your point, nobody disagrees

You only ever get a speed camera notification if you are using the nav. Why not with all driving? is how I and I believe most read the question

ie
No premum, no alerts when using nav, no alerts when not using nav
Premium, alerts when using nav, no alerts when not using nav <= why not both is the question, and it’s not lack of premium