Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just Sydney… Canberra and many other locations too! Generally I find Australian drivers are getting less and less considerate of each other. Sad really.
I believe that is to a large degree the fault of the local traffic enforcers. They only enforce the laws that bring in large fines such as speeding, seat belt, phone using and drunk driving. All others with smaller files like keep left unless overtaking, indicating, give way to the car that's changing lanes and is ahead of you or match speed when merging into motorway are ignored allowing bad habits to develop.
In my opinion the whole traffic infringement and punishment system needs an overhaul. They can see that its not working but because it rewards the traffic enforcement, they are happy to just increase fines and restrict speeds even though its not better for traffic flow, traffic safety or participants in traffic.
Better option would be to set the limits and signage to optimize the traffic flow and throughput and start enforcing things that improve traffic flow. As punishments just charging money is not the best lever. That could be the first lever, then second offence should be to send them to a couple day course paid by the perpetrator to learn how to drive like defensive driving course. If they still don't learn send them to a longer and more comprehensive driving course.

has anyone else noted an increase of times the left camera has a notification that it is unavailable or similar?
I seem to get it more now reversing into the same carpark early in the morning but was thinking it might just be environmental.

Reactions: elddum
has anyone else noted an increase of times the left camera has a notification that it is unavailable or similar?
I seem to get it more now reversing into the same carpark early in the morning but was thinking it might just be environmental.
No, only rarely, mostly when I was in the boonies on my recent trip, and always in situations where it's pitch black and no lights, so it thinks it can't see anything.

The worst thing about driving in Sydney is bastards not letting you change lanes, which you need to do to avoid being railroaded into turning left or right where you didn't want to but it wasn't signposted until the point where traffic was already queued up to

If that happens to me (and it’s pretty rare) then I just turn left or right. Not the end of the world.

I heavy traffic, some drivers might use lanes that become turn lanes deliberately to queue jump and force their way back in to the traffic stream close to the lights. Contempt. So I do not want to be eyeball ‘accused’ of doing that by other motorists (especially driving a Tesla 🤣) so I take one for the team and take the turn.

Reactions: TM3RWD and Jules22
They only enforce the laws that bring in large fines such as speeding, seat belt, phone using and drunk driving. All others with smaller files like keep left unless overtaking, indicating, give way to the car that's changing lanes and is ahead of you or match speed when merging into motorway are ignored allowing bad habits to develop.

And your hard evidence for that is……. ?

Vision Park Assist released. But still no sign of Vision Auto Park for EAP users.

2024.14.5 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

I think they are prioritising the merge of SuFSD V12 build with the latest software version in order to get North American users stuck on a higher software release version to finally enjoy SuFSD V12. Also, the second priority was to release deferred revenue from FSD subscription money that Tesla took (Example FSD/EAP features for non USS cars). So we are done with these two and should see Vision Auto Park for all cars soon.

I suspect that is environmental. When the nights get longer my cameras do that more when I drive late in the evening or early mornings and its still dark. For me the message is in the lines that camera is blocked or blinded when it just looks into darkness.

Reactions: Jules22
And your hard evidence for that is……. ?
Not really hard evidence, more lice circumstantial evidence, but in QLD they stopped using signs for temporary speed cameras, stated hiding speed cameras and cars so they are not visible when approaching them and putting them behind temporary lower speed limit signs. This all seems like attempt to collect money rather than force drivers to slow down in those areas as the fines get sent to the drivers days later.
I have seen people slow down to almost stop when entering the motorway almost next to a police car that is trying to catch people speeding. Instead of the police reacting as those people almost causing an accident as they enter motorway where cars are all doing over 80km/h while the car merging in there is doing 40, the police just keeps aiming their speed detecting gun at the cars on the motorway hoping to catch someone speeding. I have never seen a police reacting to a driver on almost empty motorway doing 20 under in the rightmost lane with other lanes mostly empty.

I never had an alert on that before, but the other night on this new update got my first one saying left was unavailable. Same stretch of road as normal with same street lights. Will keep an eye on it to see if one off or a pattern.

Vision Park Assist released. But still no sign of Vision Auto Park for EAP users.
According to TeslaFi, all in USA only at this stage.

There are no streetlights where I live - every night driving home (unless bright moonlight) I will get multiple warnings, sometimes one pillar camera, sometimes "multiple cameras".

Not really hard evidence, more lice circumstantial evidence, but in QLD they stopped using signs for temporary speed cameras, stated hiding speed cameras and cars so they are not visible when approaching them and putting them behind temporary lower speed limit signs. This all seems like attempt to collect money rather than force drivers to slow down in those areas as the fines get sent to the drivers days later.
I have seen people slow down to almost stop when entering the motorway almost next to a police car that is trying to catch people speeding. Instead of the police reacting as those people almost causing an accident as they enter motorway where cars are all doing over 80km/h while the car merging in there is doing 40, the police just keeps aiming their speed detecting gun at the cars on the motorway hoping to catch someone speeding. I have never seen a police reacting to a driver on almost empty motorway doing 20 under in the rightmost lane with other lanes mostly empty.
Naturally the police are going to target the fatal 5 as these contribute the most to collisions resulting in serious injury/death.

We haven’t had signs near speed cameras (except fixed red light/speed cameras) for donkies years.
Since then the expiation revenue has boomed which has given them the opportunity to buy more and better cameras to catch more people.
I think one of the highest cashing out speed cameras in Adelaide has never had a serious or fatal accident at that intersection before or after it was installed. Likely chosen due to the downhill nature of the road into an intersection that is often blocked and has unusually random short cycles.

Reactions: OzVic and Jules22