Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you perhaps in a different driver profile from normal?
Yeah, that was my first thought - but no, my normal profile.
quantum entanglement hypotheses
This one seems to be the nugget I was looking for. Even going through my "Recents" in the Nav system - not only did my place of work no longer exist, it never has existed, and I have never been there. Ever.

Fortunately, my employer is still letting me through the door, and I did get paid last week.

I’m assuming also only if your phone supports UWB (which mine does).

And the car having UWB also, which I believe for our market is just the Model 3 Highland. Another slap on the wrist for Tesla old tech. This stand behind the tailgate is in a mates 2018 Kia Sorento using a regular old fashioned car industry key fob. UWB should have been in all Tesla's for a 3-4 years now.

Reactions: dronus
And the car having UWB also, which I believe for our market is just the Model 3 Highland. Another slap on the wrist for Tesla old tech. This stand behind the tailgate is in a mates 2018 Kia Sorento using a regular old fashioned car industry key fob. UWB should have been in all Tesla's for a 3-4 years now.
Yeah I do believe from memory that uWB has been in Samsung, pixel and iPhone for a few years now, probably around the same time they brought out their AirTag/tile whatever devices.
I wish more phones had it. I really want to try out something different to my iPhone like a zen10 or a nothing2 but the missing uwb would annoy me with my highland.

Nav saved / named locations are indeed stored per profile. I know because every time the silly software update “factory resets” the system I have to re-enter favourites on both wife’s and my profiles. Bloody annoying. They also didn’t come back from the cloud unlike some of the other settings (from my cloud-synced, email-based Tesla account).

Hence I’m not bothering with all the irrelevantly trivial minor updates until I’m forced to.

I wonder how you stop the auto-boot opening when you don’t want the boot to open, if all it uses is UWB proximity? 🤔

I can only guess, but if its like the mates Sorento, the car starts beeping letting you know its going to happen and in about 5 seconds it opens, if you move away before hand and it stops beeping. Like others have said, it's something I'd switch off.

I note a recent population split in this forum. The long time owners who resort to overuse of cynicism, and the new owners who are all over the place like a bucket full of labrador puppies. Unjaded, happy, and full of life!
And those of us who are fast tracking towards cynicism with every software update haha.

You’d hope it would have to detect you approach then stand still near the back of the car for an amount of time.
Slightly less silly than those cars where you have to wave you foot under the boot :)
So if I stand at the back of my car saying goodbye to a friend or having a chat the boot would open…sometimes the old silly methods just work

Reactions: dronus